FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Nothing -4 camber won't help ;)
Truth! And a little height adjustment, stiffer…. I’m finally paying someone to set me up properly. It’ll be interesting to see where the numbers lie (in my case at least). I gave them your updated setup/height as well, for reference. At least we have the same size wheels/tires. Thanks man!

Curious what wheel/tire size the other guys here were running? @3rdDegreeNinja @Traxion
Saw @ope_sry was on 265-19s and lowering springs. Which definitely starts chewing into the amount of space up front under high speed compression. I was on lowering springs as well 😞 and not enough negative camber.

That ☝ with spacers also adds to the intended outter width. Allowing that tire to intrude that space under the wheel well fender. The OEM suspension track guys seem to be fine on 275/35(or 40)-18s. Now that i have coilovers, I’m able to take my spacers out. Which should also help.
(Kudos to @ope_sry bringing this point up. I’ve seen others with this same issue on our local tracks - this should definitely help others avoid the same mistakes)

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We posting our fenders?

IMG_8239.jpeg

IMG_8238.jpeg
Bam 💥- Smartest solution! However, check out underneath the hood (wheel well fender). It’s metal and requires more cutting lol. If you notice black rubber in that location, you’re finally going fast enough to rub there too. Downside, you’re finally going fast enough to rub there too 😂

Just sayin - don’t forget to check there as (wheel) well. Not you, but I was doing that and met others when we open their hood and we’re still rubbing. Hence my ride height, more camber, removing spacers and increased stiffness - here I come ;)

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yeah, I've rubbed the paint off the underside of the hood in that area.

3rdDegreeNinja

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra A91-CF Edition
Truth! And a little height adjustment, stiffer…. I’m finally paying someone to set me up properly. It’ll be interesting to see where the numbers lie (in my case at least). I gave them your updated setup/height as well, for reference. At least we have the same size wheels/tires. Thanks man!

Curious what wheel/tire size the other guys here were running? @3rdDegreeNinja @Traxion
Saw @ope_sry was on 265-19s and lowering springs. Which definitely starts chewing into the amount of space up front under high speed compression. I was on lowering springs as well 😞 and not enough negative camber.

That ☝ with spacers also adds to the intended outter width. Allowing that tire to intrude that space under the wheel well fender. The OEM suspension track guys seem to be fine on 275/35(or 40)-18s. Now that i have coilovers, I’m able to take my spacers out. Which should also help.
(Kudos to @ope_sry bringing this point up. I’ve seen others with this same issue on our local tracks - this should definitely help others avoid the same mistakes)
Im on 275-35-19s in the front with stock springs/shocks, and at the time of the rubbing I was on the stock sway bars.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We finally got the tires tucked under the wheel well fender

IMG_4823.jpeg

IMG_4826.jpeg

IMG_4836.jpeg

With the obvious is now taken care of, we also went stiffer on the sway bars and a few clicks down on the Ohlins dampening. With confidence up, times should go down 😉 - Looking forward to next weekend & put her to the real test (on track, @Sebring)
Sponsored