Rubbing Damage Fixed With Added Benefit

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
The plastic fender wells above my front tires sadly sacrificed themselves in service of my aggressive fitment. The rears also wore through but out of sight, out of mind. Anyways I got tired of looking at the carnage under the hood and finally addressed them.

What follows is not for the faint of heart.

Using a criminally dull razor blade I freehand cut out the damaged areas and haphazardly ran sandpaper of unknown grit to smooth things out. The result is questionably more pleasing to the eye.

More importantly- and you track guys will love this:

I have shed weight from the front of the car where it is most difficult to cut mass. Quantifiable data has been included. I will take a 60-130 Dragy run later and post both before and after times. The results can speak for themselves.

IMG_0654.png

IMG_0655.png

IMG_0660.jpeg
Sponsored

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Very nice, I'm on the verge of doing the same thing. I was at a roval track and the OEM suspension is too soft and I was pulling enough G's on the embankment to compress the fender liner into the wheel which also caused the tire to cord from the rubbing. First day was wet so I wasn't at the limit like I ended up being at the end of the second day.

OP
OP
ope_sry

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Very nice, I'm on the verge of doing the same thing. I was at a roval track and the OEM suspension is too soft and I was pulling enough G's on the embankment to compress the fender liner into the wheel which also caused the tire to cord from the rubbing. First day was wet so I wasn't at the limit like I ended up being at the end of the second day.
Iā€™m probably going to take more off. Thereā€™s a nice fat molding line that contours with the tire and Iā€™ll probably actually take my time and trim it there to look more oem

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Did you add the rear oem wheels to the front ??? What tire size are you using for front ??

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Love the language, brutal honesty and oh yes the scientific proof šŸ˜

I'm curious about the titanium charge pipe . Is that RK or something, well I guess looks more like the Apex one?

OP
OP
ope_sry

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Did you add the rear oem wheels to the front ??? What tire size are you using for front ??
Nope, 265 35 19 on the front with 20mm spacers and eibach springs. Rears were 555r2 285 35 19 with 18mm spacers but with the same size ET Street SS now I had to go 10mm rear to tuck them. Iā€™m living my life on the edge

OP
OP
ope_sry

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Love the language, brutal honesty and oh yes the scientific proof šŸ˜

I'm curious about the titanium charge pipe . Is that RK or something, well I guess looks more like the Apex one?
Itā€™s VR Performance. I love it but wonā€™t work where Iā€™m going , so it will be for sale soon!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Functional mods for performance is the only way to go. :headbang:

:bonk:

OP
OP
ope_sry

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Wait til you get your wheel well vents for cutting.
I did the verus vent already and I want the side vents also. You have them? If so letā€™s see some pics!

3rdDegreeNinja

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra A91-CF Edition
Had the same thing happen to me after my first track night at the Daytona International Speedway decided to leave it the battle scars the way they are. Installed front and rear sway bars after this to reduce the body roll and it seems to have donā€™t the trick, car feels way tighter and dramatically less roll when cornering.
IMG_3109.jpeg

IMG_3110.jpeg