Shopping for a used Supra.... Stock or modded?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Finally should have my ducks in a row to start shopping for a preowned MKV. I have had the notion that I wanted a completely stock car to start with, but have seen some lightly modded cars that im considering. Just wanted to get some opinions while I get ready to start shopping.
Sponsored

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
If you're planning on modding, just buy whichever floats your boat. Otherwise, look for a stock one because they will most likely still be under the factory warranty.

OP
OP
black_sedan

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
If you're planning on modding, just buy whichever floats your boat. Otherwise, look for a stock one because they will most likely still be under the factory warranty.
appreciate the feedback... Im a loyal Toyota guy and the BMW platform does make me a little nervous about reliability....

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
Finally should have my ducks in a row to start shopping for a preowned MKV. I have had the notion that I wanted a completely stock car to start with, but have seen some lightly modded cars that im considering. Just wanted to get some opinions while I get ready to start shopping.
Selling mine with quality mods.....if you're interested

OP
OP
black_sedan

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Selling mine with quality mods.....if you're interested
Thanks Nick.. havenā€™t quite ruled it out, but Iā€™ve been leaning towards a stock car... Hopefully my neighbor is headed back to NJ next week and I can ask him to take a look.

prolegend81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 supra A91 Refraction
It has titan prov 1 piggyback, titan7 forged wheels, 265/35 front and 305/30 rear michelin ps4's, catted downpipe, h&r lowering springs, oem carbon fiber mirrors, and carbon fiber rexspeed spoiler. Car comes with factory wheels and tires as well as red le mirror caps, and stock springs.

N3FOL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'08 Prius, '13 Camry Hybrid, '17 Sienna SE
I haven't seen a lot number of owners trying to sell their mint condition MKV 3.0. Still looking around and hovering on the side...shopping everyday.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
appreciate the feedback... Im a loyal Toyota guy and the BMW platform does make me a little nervous about reliability....
armed with a warranty, I beat the hell out of my M240i (also powered by a B58). Zero issues. Iā€™m either running WOT or mashing the bugeezus out of the brakes. Thatā€™s a big part of why I felt perfectly comfortable buying a Supra.

OP
OP
black_sedan

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
armed with a warranty, I beat the hell out of my M240i (also powered by a B58). Zero issues. Iā€™m either running WOT or mashing the bugeezus out of the brakes. Thatā€™s a big part of why I felt perfectly comfortable buying a Supra.
i actually ended up buying a new leftover 2020 for $45.5k back in October. I ended up going to a full tune 60 days later and havenā€™t looked back. These cars are too much fun not to modify!

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
i actually ended up buying a new leftover 2020 for $45.5k back in October. I ended up going to a full tune 60 days later and havenā€™t looked back. These cars are too much fun not to modify!
Wow that is a good deal! what was the sticker, On my 58k sticker car, Nitro yellow premium W/ DA and Carbon mirrors and all the dealer options like rear matt etc, I was at 47.5 before tax and tag etc. I thought I got a hell of a deal!
Sponsored