Single exit exhaust, exhaust sport mode vs normal mode.

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Hey all!

I've been considering a single exit exhaust for my locked 21' but I'd rather not sound like an AK everytime I let off. I understand while in sport mode there is increased burbles/pops due to overrun but can anyone confirm if that is caused by the engine being in "sport" or is it exhaust being set to "sport"? I'm assuming setting the exhaust to "sport" only triggers the flap and nothing else but I could be wrong.
Sponsored

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
It’s the sport mode button that does the pops. I have a 4 inch catless single on mine and it only does the loud burbles when in sport.

OP
OP
rwense

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s the sport mode button that does the pops. I have a 4 inch catless single on mine and it only does the loud burbles when in sport.
Right I understand that, however let's say I go catless or single exit and want to run everything in sport just minus the obnoxious pops would I be able to go into individual and set the exhaust to "normal" and fix it?

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
Right I understand that, however let's say I go catless or single exit and want to run everything in sport just minus the obnoxious pops would I be able to go into individual and set the exhaust to "normal" and fix it?
I assume so. If you have time you could go set the sport mode exhaust to normal and test if it has the burbles, since we established it’s not the flap causing them.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Sport changes the throttle / pedal relationship (less linear) and adds the burbles.

Run engine in normal = Linear throttle, no 16 year old child burbles.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Set 'engine' to normal in Sport Individual, and you should be good. As far as I understand, Sport exhaust only opens the valve blade.

SnowCr4sh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sport = burbles

regular = no burbles

sometimes it also depends on your tuner.
Some tuner can change the burbles for you.

ecutek has a feature where you can add burbles on normal mode or take off burbles on sport mode. Again this is also depends on the tuner.

I got SP1-R Ti exhaust. If you wanna go crazy go sport mode, and its quiet on normal mode

Yabai

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 premium - Phantom
Sport = burbles

regular = no burbles

ecutek has a feature where you can add burbles on normal mode or take off burbles on sport mode. Again this is also depends on the tuner.

I got SP1-R Ti exhaust. If you wanna go crazy go sport mode, and its quiet on normal mode
Are you running a downpipe? Did you have to cut the diffuser to fit the SP1-R?

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Evo X
@SnowCr4sh SP1 R is a beauty, placed my order last month, just waiting for it to arrive.

@Yabai yes trimming is required. Someone that installed theirs already sent me some pics of what needs to be trimmed. Got more pics but below shows what areas need trimming

1912ADF8-8AD8-4822-AB0F-33A7F5BF291A.jpeg
99AC7228-5FD4-477E-84B6-EFC28B2594EA.jpeg

OP
OP
rwense

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the input everyone. I was away from my car for a few days so I couldn't test myself. I did just realize there is no separate "exhaust" mode from "engine". I was hoping I could keep the linear throttle response and do away with the burbles. Oh well, guess I'll just wait

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Sport = burbles

regular = no burbles

You're forgetting Sport Individual- you can set each component differently. 'Engine' is the burbles one.
Sponsored