Sketchy business practices.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Edit: Don't take it from me, just look for all the other vendors and businesses that have this problem on social media and the forum. Oh wait...šŸ™„

I have zero skin in this game, but a certain shop - Not going to name names (Visconti) - is actively deleting comments on social media about alternatives for unlocks. Is there a reason for this or just general shithousery? Please move to another sub forum if this isn't the place (it's about unlock alternatives).

$1800 for a clone (BYO DME) and the shop I refused to list above deletes any mention of their services and quotes closed to $5k with DME.

What kind of scammy nonsense is this?

Screenshot_20220622-163458_Messenger.jpg

received_328614666127801.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Where are these being posted? If it's on Visconti's page, then of course they're deleting quotes from alternate vendors. I'd expect any vendor to do the exact same thing. If it's not, then how does Visconti have the permission to delete anything?

whozaka

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Where are these being posted? If it's on Visconti's page, then of course they're deleting quotes from alternate vendors. If it's not, then how does Visconti have the permission to delete anything?
itā€™s on Facebook groups where Visconti Pays to be admins of. Before I wondered why theyā€™d pay to be an admin of a Facebook page but now it makes sense. Every time I see anything anti Visconti or pro any shop that does the same as them but cheaper it gets deleted.

OP
OP

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No it's a general Supra MkV page on Facebook but I think they're admins. They can do what they'd like, but if you're going to do business with someone and trust them with thousands of your dollars... Pretty important to know.

OP
OP

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
itā€™s on Facebook groups where Visconti Pays to be admins of. Before I wondered why theyā€™d pay to be an admin of a Facebook page but now it makes sense. Every time I see anything anti Visconti or pro any shop that does the same as them but cheaper it gets deleted.

Is it just me or is that sketchy and honestly a reason to simply boycott them? Cheaper alternatives out there and they aren't scammy.šŸ¤·

whozaka

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Is it just me or is that sketchy and honestly a reason to simply boycott them? Cheaper alternatives out there and they aren't scammy.šŸ¤·
After seeing how they treat their customers on Facebook and how they handle competition I try and avoid them at all costs.

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I have zero skin in this game, but a certain shop - Not going to name names (Visconti) - is actively deleting comments on social media about alternatives for unlocks. Is there a reason for this or just general shithousery? Please move to another sub forum if this isn't the place (it's about unlock alternatives).

$1800 for a clone (BYO DME) and the shop I refused to list above deletes any mention of their services and quotes closed to $5k with DME.

What kind of scammy nonsense is this?

Screenshot_20220622-163458_Messenger.jpg

received_328614666127801.jpeg
Hi

I actually rarely moderate the group. Iā€™d appreciate you not spreading false acquisitions about us.

There are multiple admins. All are instructed to remove posts regarding non authorized vendors of the group. So other admins and vendors remove posts.

Itā€™s not our group. We donā€™t pay to be an admin. We pay to be an advertising vendor. Another false claim, is it also isnā€™t $5000.

If you want to market another company, thatā€™s fine, try doing so without spreading lies about others.

1siksupra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 downshift blue supra
Just avoid them if you can. They have lied to me and lost me as a customer. It's all good though other good vendors and tuners are out there. Some have had good service some have had bad. Just be cautious.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Nothing new, they have been doing sketchy stuff over multiples years with many different car platforms.

They do moderate the facebook group and delete comments that challenge them.

Nothing like a vendor being an moderator on a enthusiast facebook group, no bias at all...lol

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
I thought the Visconti unlock (not clone) is $1895, $2400 for OTS tune, and $3395 for unlock with custom MHD/BM3/MG Flasher tune? At least that's what the website says...Sounds like the same service/unlock OP mentioned. If all this is true it doesn't seem too scammy to me.

And if all of what I said is true then the only real complaint would be the approved list of vendors that can advertise in the group. Deleting an unapproved advertisement seems legit to me.

Not defending anyone or trying to stir any pot - just adding to help clarify any misunderstanding on my part or anyone else.

OP
OP

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi

I actually rarely moderate the group. Iā€™d appreciate you not spreading false acquisitions about us.

There are multiple admins. All are instructed to remove posts regarding non authorized vendors of the group. So other admins and vendors remove posts.

Itā€™s not our group. We donā€™t pay to be an admin. We pay to be an advertising vendor. Another false claim, is it also isnā€™t $5000.

If you want to market another company, thatā€™s fine, try doing so without spreading lies about others.

Not reading past your first lie and then "acquisitions"? You literally deleted a few dozen posts last weekend. Shameful. Not even in the market for anything you folks sell, and your behavior is hard to stomach.

OP
OP

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I thought the Visconti unlock (not clone) is $1895, $2400 for OTS tune, and $3395 for unlock with custom MHD/BM3/MG Flasher tune? At least that's what the website says...Sounds like the same service/unlock OP mentioned. If all this is true it doesn't seem too scammy to me.

And if all of what I said is true then the only real complaint would be the approved list of vendors that can advertise in the group. Deleting an unapproved advertisement seems legit to me.

Not defending anyone or trying to stir any pot - just adding to help clarify any misunderstanding on my part or anyone else.
Not sure if the clone is a different price, but again, $1800 for clone service with another vendor, and nobody knows about them because shit is constantly deleted on social media. Deleting competitor information posted by unaffiliated individuals is not the same thing, and is possibly the most pathetic thing I've seen from a tuner or shop in 25 years of being into cars.

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Just avoid them if you can. They have lied to me and lost me as a customer. It's all good though other good vendors and tuners are out there. Some have had good service some have had bad. Just be cautious.
You were lied to by who, regarding what matter?
Not reading past your first lie and then "acquisitions"? You literally deleted a few dozen posts last weekend. Shameful. Not even in the market for anything you folks sell, and your behavior is hard to stomach.
Do you just make this stuff up off the top of your head or are all these false statements calculated? Crazy. We're busier than ever though. This post actually led me to 3 sales, so I appreciate you.
Sponsored