Skipped Cold Start

jrof

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium MT
Please remove if this is already a thread (I couldn't find one).

Car is bone stock 21' with around 1400 miles. Started the car this morning after sitting for 10 hours and it essentially just skipped the cold start, going straight to regular idle. Was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I am located in Florida with warmer temps but I've never experienced that with any of my other cars. Thank you!
Sponsored

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I just experienced this for the first time this morning. My car is stock with 8000 miles. Car was off for more than 12 hours. Have you experienced this more than once?

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I just experienced this for the first time this morning. My car is stock with 8000 miles. Car was off for more than 12 hours. Have you experienced this more than once?
Owned the car for a year or so, 26k miles, this has happened to me a few times but no lasting impact I can tell. Also stock

3rdGearEvo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 2003 Evo VIII
I can say this has occurred for me at least 2 separate times. Both times were after having owned the car for over a year and a half and having over 5000 miles. Also after being tuned on Ecutek. I can’t remember if it ever happened while stock, but I doubt it. Both times the car had been sitting long enough for the startup to be a cold start. I was doing a little research on the bmw forums and it turns out lots of people claim their startups can be unpredictable. One guy said every startup went through a cold start cycle no matter how warmed up the car was

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
This is like waking up facing east or west or south or north or up or down(?).. I don't think it really matters just as long as you are able to move. I don't always choke my snow blower on cold starts. Cold as in -10F.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
jrof

jrof

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium MT
Happened to me once more. I'll keep an eye out for if it continues to happen but so far I'm not too concerned about any lasting impacts.

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Happened to me once more. I'll keep an eye out for if it continues to happen but so far I'm not too concerned about any lasting impacts.
Yea, I'm not too concerned either. It was just unexpected since I always wait until the rpm's drop before moving.

NFG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Happened to me recently on about 3-4 consecutive start ups. First time was first thing in the morning after not running for 15 hours. Also a day after catback exhaust installed. Car is not tuned and just changed oil at 4800 miles. Has not happened since.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Happens to me randomly. Tried to replicate it a few times. Just happens randomly doesn't matter on engine temp etc it seems
Sponsored