SoCal *VIP Trackdays* at WSIR

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R.
Sup everyone, my friend's and I host trackdays at Willow Springs International Raceway pretty much year round and I'm extending the invitation to here. Why spend all this money on this car to not have the most fun with it right? Lol. Beginner friendly for those looking to go for the first time, and plenty of space to pb for you advanced guys. Our next event is just under a month away at Big Willow on Sunday June 9th.

We're not out there battling for podium or anything so don't feel intimidated. Personally in my Supra I float between the B and C group depending on what mood I'm feeling not even timing myself. Just riding around in circles feeling out the car. I'm far too slow to run with the fastboi's in A.

shoot me a PM if you want to go, hope to see you guys there!

----

Here's a breakdown of the day:

• Chill atmosphere: This is a relaxed event that caters to both beginners and experienced drivers.
  • Instruction available: We offer instruction for all skill levels, from beginners learning track etiquette to the advanced driver trying to find the best racing line.
  • Multiple run groups:
    • Group A (Advanced): Starts at the top of every hour (9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, etc.)
    • Group B (Intermediate): Starts 20 minutes after the hour (9:20 AM, 10:20 AM, etc.)
    • Group C (Beginner): Starts 40 minutes after the hour (9:40 AM, 10:40 AM, etc.)
  • Schedule:
    • Gates open: 6:30 AM
    • Mandatory Drivers Meeting: 8:30 AM
    • No lunch break (plan accordingly)

big-willow-map.jpg
streets-of-willow-map.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
sup.dc2

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R.
Couple photos from our last event in April.

IMG_9709.jpeg
IMG_9687.jpeg
IMG_9685.jpeg
IMG_9693.jpeg
IMG_9697.jpeg

OP
OP
sup.dc2

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R.
I live 25 minutes away from Willows and have yet to go. This sounds like a great opportunity to finally change that!
25min away damn, that's less than my commute to work lol. PM me if youre interested we'd love to have you.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
How often do you do these? I would definitely be interested in joining in one of these days. Do you do streets at all or any other local tracks?

OP
OP
sup.dc2

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R.
How often do you do these? I would definitely be interested in joining in one of these days. Do you do streets at all or any other local tracks?
Evo! was waiting when you'd chime in lol.
So my friends personally know the track owners, and they rent it out on the weekends bigger and more crowded organizations like speed ventures and extreme speed don't reserve. Super low car count. i think we had less than 40 drivers on our last trip. Yes, we also do streets both CW and CCW but it's less frequent as it's the more popular course. It's about a 1 streets day for every 4 Big visits. In the Advanced group where you run, we had like 11 people lol. We're in the works of getting a Buttonwillow event just to go but it's more than double the price to reserve. Since we've been such a low car count so far breaking even for the day would be fantasy.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Evo! was waiting when you'd chime in lol.
So my friends personally know the track owners, and they rent it out on the weekends bigger and more crowded organizations like speed ventures and extreme speed don't reserve. Super low car count. i think we had less than 40 drivers on our last trip. Yes, we also do streets both CW and CCW but it's less frequent as it's the more popular course. It's about a 1 streets day for every 4 Big visits. In the Advanced group where you run, we had like 11 people lol. We're in the works of getting a Buttonwillow event just to go but it's more than double the price to reserve. Since we've been such a low car count so far breaking even for the day would be fantasy.

Sorry have been a bit busy today hiring and firing people haha. Took me a bit to see your original post. But ya, super cool you guys do this! 40 cars total would be a dream as I normally run with +20 cars on the track at the same time (Speed Ventures). Makes it really hard to get a lap with no traffic as you probably know. Ya skip Buttonwillow. As good of a track it is, I am not a huge fan of it. Its extra far anyways. Keep me posted on any other event at Willow Springs. I will make it out to one for sure!

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 MT, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
Only 120 miles on my odometer, I don't know if I'll get past 1000 miles in 1 month. I only drive about 500 miles per month overall. Break in car on track? lol

OP
OP
sup.dc2

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R.
@Evolution for sure man yea i'll revive this thread for any new upcoming events we book.

@DEupra lol if you took that car to the track, it'll be broken in by 4pm:headbang:

Illest1Five

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Supra MT 45th Anniversary, '06 Impreza STI
@sup.dc2 Thanks for the heads up. Any days planned for SoW before the extreme summer heat sets in?

OP
OP
sup.dc2

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R.
@sup.dc2 Thanks for the heads up. Any days planned for SoW before the extreme summer heat sets in?
You're welcome. Actually just talked to the organizer today, he said we do have a streets day planned but for Sept 8th. I sent the invite's out too late as it's already nearing the end of the season. It's undetermined yet on if we're doing CW or CCW.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I would have to pass on that one as well! Will be at Laguna Seca the weekend before and definitely wont have time to prep the car for another track day.

But ya, please dont do CW at Streets. CCW is so much more fun.

evobho

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra 2020
Never been to big willow but its only 2hrs away from me vs buttonwillow lol. You know whats the price?

OP
OP
sup.dc2

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R.
@Evolution def would go to Laguna over WSIR if i had the chance. Bucket list track for sure. Is there a decibel limit the day you're going?

@evobho you in SD? it's $175 if prepaid and $225 on the day of the event.
Sponsored