Someone stole my wheel

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
Every wheel thief keeps a 15mm, 16mm, 17mm socket with them and a hammer. Set the socket over lock, three taps, wheels gone. These guys have bricks and a jack, they definitely hack harbor freight sockets.
Wheel locks actually stopped a theif from taking my WedSports on my BRZ. They sure as hell fucked up the wheel and the locks though. It won't stop them. However, if it slows them down there is more risk being caught they may not bother.

I got the privlage of hammering on 18mms onto all the mangled up locks and impacting them off. It took way longer than I expected and I killed 3 low profile wheel sockets. The mcguard locks fit the Weds with a super tight, paper thin sliver of clearance around the lug holes. Ot took a lot of beer, cussing and a long Friday night in the garage to get the 2 wheels they fucked up off. I had to bevel the edge of the locks with a die grinder/carbide bit to even attempt to sledge hammer an 18mm over (into) them.

Worst part is knowing it was another owner as that bolt pattern, size and fitment is pretty much bespoke to the 86/BRZ.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I had two jetskis Iā€˜d cart all over Florida. Wife and I were at a hotel in south East Florida. Did the whole Miami Biscayne Blvd cruise ships thing. Butā€¦. someone almost got them. We used krypton brand cables to wrap up the trailer and skis. It slowed them down just enough to get spooked and not take them. Came down the next morning and the cables were cut and the skis were in the middle of the back parking lot. People literally had to drive around the things.

Bottom line, I should have done more for the area we were in. We got lucky. Never had that problem anywhere else. But we learned to keep the trailer on the truck with a hitch lock as well. So sadly, you have to take every extra precaution if in an area with low police per capita. That giant wheel lock is looking like a good idea, whoever posted that šŸ˜…

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd move to a nicer area!!
Iā€˜m meeting more and more co-workers coming down from NJ. Really nice people saying they drove straight thru just to get the hell out. Despite our political travel ban, lol. Everyone is welcome. But you canā€™t break the law šŸ«¢

So donā€™t believe the hype @GoldenEye . Thereā€™s tons of great places in America! Greenville SC is beautiful like @ColonelAdama says. SWFL is nice too.

Itā€™s very simple. You have freedom and you have laws. Example: peaceful protest is allowed. Rioting and looting are not. Thus, we donā€™t have much of the latter. Guess itā€™s no fun if there are consequences. Such as getting arrested for burning down things and breaking into cars šŸ˜‰ Hope yā€™all enjoy the instructional video below as much as I did āœŒšŸ¼

Last edited:

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
@FLtrackdays I know there are a lot of nice places, but even tho I agree with you about the podcast, this thread can get ugly if we start talking politics. I literally got banned off a Toyota Tacoma forum for posting my AR15 in it's holder in my truck bcuz I offended some liberal...true story...

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Anyone have shock sensor add on factory alarm ? I did just install directed shock sensor but didnt work at all
Sorry not 100% sure what that is but the Supra has Tilt sensor and interior movement sensor on by default if that's what you mean.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@FLtrackdays I know there are a lot of nice places, but even tho I agree with you about the podcast, this thread can get ugly if we start talking politics. I literally got banned off a Toyota Tacoma forum for posting my AR15 in it's holder in my truck bcuz I offended some liberal...true story...
A truck with a gun rack šŸ˜± That would be awful sir! I really love the instructional safety video. So common sense stupidly funny, had to share. But you are right. I shouldnā€™t have mentioned ā€that guyā€. I quickly removed his name. I only mentioned the dude because he moved here and talks about those kinds of things. Didnā€™t mean to trigger anyone. Iā€™m learning all the new terms and proper censorship. Thanks for bearing with me during this process šŸ˜Š

Teslas are the only cars Iā€™ve seen with sensitive as šŸ’© proximity alarms. They blink at ya when walking by too close at my work. My Supra also makes them very angry when starting her up. Making the proximity alarms go off šŸšØ. So I only take the Supra to work on the weekends. It was fun at 1st. Then I found out my friends alarms were going off on their iphone apps. Whoops šŸ˜¬

70612028900__DB686E0C-60B7-4B8B-873C-1E9297CF1D7F.jpeg

70612025225__7F049367-785B-49DE-A9AE-26FE02062C89.jpeg

70612020791__DDE32517-EB92-4E20-A8AC-DD45D9BD3D0E.jpeg

We do have some nice ones. Gotta say the model 3 performance mighty nice for the price!

dreadforge

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nitro MT
I had two jetskis Iā€˜d cart all over Florida. Wife and I were at a hotel in south East Florida. Did the whole Miami Biscayne Blvd cruise ships thing. Butā€¦. someone almost got them. We used krypton brand cables to wrap up the trailer and skis. It slowed them down just enough to get spooked and not take them. Came down the next morning and the cables were cut and the skis were in the middle of the back parking lot. People literally had to drive around the things.

Bottom line, I should have done more for the area we were in. We got lucky. Never had that problem anywhere else. But we learned to keep the trailer on the truck with a hitch lock as well. So sadly, you have to take every extra precaution if in an area with low police per capita. That giant wheel lock is looking like a good idea, whoever posted that šŸ˜…
I know you love Florida, but the amount of theft in Florida is staggering, I said in another thread about how I had my car stolen 3 times in Florida, and I've lived up and down the east coast, the rockies, PNW, etc. Only ever had my car stolen in Florida, multiple times. Off the street, out of a gated community - didn't matter(and this was 20 years ago and 10 years ago). I would never live there again for a multitude of reasons, theft only being one of them.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know you love Florida, but the amount of theft in Florida is staggering, I said in another thread about how I had my car stolen 3 times in Florida, and I've lived up and down the east coast, the rockies, PNW, etc. Only ever had my car stolen in Florida, multiple times. Off the street, out of a gated community - didn't matter(and this was 20 years ago and 10 years ago). I would never live there again for a multitude of reasons, theft only being one of them.
Good point! I wonā€™t deny that is absolutely true in the Miami/Dade/Broward and Orlando areas. My insurance was triple there compared to where Iā€™m at now. Even before my car was stolen in MyHammy. So, I shouldnā€™t have implied that is true for the whole state.

I only recently became a mega Florida fan because of other issues as well. Glad youā€™re liking Denver! Iā€™ve heard it is beautiful šŸ˜ But Iā€™ve heard it too has gone through some changes from a few friends. I think most rural areas in the USA are safer in general. Likely harder to hide from the law, density wise, if living a life of crime.

I still love that video and wish that dude was my sheriff, any day!
Sponsored

Last edited: