Sport Display with Tune

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Will the sports display show real hp figures after the car is fully tuned and modified? Or does it have a cap and then inaccurate

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Will the sports display show real hp figures after the car is fully tuned and modified? Or does it have a cap and then inaccurate
You can adjust the values with a tune, but there are a lot of doubts as to if any of them are "real." You need a dyno to accurately measure what's going down to the wheels. Even stock it's calculated, and a close estimation.

3rdGearEvo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 2003 Evo VIII
Definitely need to dyno it for real power. After doing catless downpipe, intake, and stage 2 ots ecutek tune my max hp and tq according to the screen are 370/370 which I highly doubt is accurate.

illicit

First Name
๐‡๐š๐ฐ๐ค
Threads
Reaction score
๐’ฎ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’œ๐“ƒ๐“‰โ„ด๐“ƒ๐’พโ„ด๏ผŒ ๐’ฏ๐’ณ
Website
www.IMDb.me
Car(s)
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐’๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ซ๐š ๐€๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ (nocturnal black)
I really don't know if this is a dumb question or not. Feel free to critique (is "flame" still a popular word on forums these days? I'm old).

For those with any type of tune: does the Sport Display show increased HP and Torque?
I really don't know if this is a dumb question or not. Feel free to critique (is "flame" still a popular word on forums these days? I'm old).

For those with any type of tune: does the Sport Display show increased HP and Torque?
We say flames now. Thatโ€™s flames!!! ???

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Sport displays are cool but not accurate and should not be used to measure power.
With that being said, a piggyback works by tricking the ECU into thinking its running stock power, that's why the power increase does not show on your display.

The ECU tune will show the added power but again do not use it to measure how much power the car is making. You'll need to dyno the car for that

mkv238

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Gr Supra Launch Edition
Good day everyone, I have mine ecutek tuned and the sport display is stuck at 100+hp 100+ torque. Does anyone know why it does that? It is very ignoring although I don't base on those numbers. Thanks in advance.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Good day everyone, I have mine ecutek tuned and the sport display is stuck at 100+hp 100+ torque. Does anyone know why it does that? It is very ignoring although I don't base on those numbers. Thanks in advance.

that is a question for your tuner. Guess is the programing for it was either ignored or missed. It is a parlor trick anyway. eth mix is actually worth while for me

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
I've been curious about the sport display, I saw that ecutek tunes can hijack the display to show ethanol content, but has anybody been able to hijack it to show oil and coolant temps?

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I've been curious about the sport display, I saw that ecutek tunes can hijack the display to show ethanol content, but has anybody been able to hijack it to show oil and coolant temps?
Im sure thats possible

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Toyota Supra Premium
I forgot to add that I'm a 2021 locked ECU guy. I guess my question is more geared towards piggybacks.
My car shows my wheel horsepower and my torque shows the ethanol count currently in the tank. I have a FBO w/Pure800 Tuned 21.