square oem 19 track setup ?

MikeG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 Macan Turbo, 75 and 86 Datsun Zs
If I were to run 4 rear oem 19s, what tire size would be recommended for track tires./ Stock other than brake pads and fluids, but advanced/instructor level driver.
Sponsored

1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i
If I were to run 4 rear oem 19s, what tire size would be recommended for track tires./ Stock other than brake pads and fluids, but advanced/instructor level driver.
I asked same in wheel forums.. one person said rears in front would rub strut ? but didnt hear much from anyone else.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Don't!

Learn from my mistake! For some unknown reason, I mounted rear (275) to front and front (255) to the rear on driver side only. I usually mark them to be on right corners but for some mysterious reason, I switched it. During track days I did noticed funny handling characteristic but I thought it might have been alignment or something. As I was replacing brake pad today, I noticed shiny spot on front driver side strut where spring seats. Further investigation, I realized I put rear wheel/tire to front! yikes! more comparison of tires revealed my inner wall of the tire was carved out about 1/4 inches and almost showing fabric! it was down right to dangerous situation. Another thing I noticed, when the wheel is turned all the way to left, tire was rubbing inside of wheel wall. Now I have source new tires before next track day which is in 6 days.

If you want to use rear wheels in front to have square setup, you may have to use 10mm spacer. That will clear the strut but I cannot say for sure that will not destroy hood.

So, in short, don't do it. look for other option to have square setup.

OP
OP
MikeG

MikeG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 Macan Turbo, 75 and 86 Datsun Zs
Don't!

Learn from my mistake! For some unknown reason, I mounted rear (275) to front and front (255) to the rear on driver side only. I usually mark them to be on right corners but for some mysterious reason, I switched it. During track days I did noticed funny handling characteristic but I thought it might have been alignment or something. As I was replacing brake pad today, I noticed shiny spot on front driver side strut where spring seats. Further investigation, I realized I put rear wheel/tire to front! yikes! more comparison of tires revealed my inner wall of the tire was carved out about 1/4 inches and almost showing fabric! it was down right to dangerous situation. Another thing I noticed, when the wheel is turned all the way to left, tire was rubbing inside of wheel wall. Now I have source new tires before next track day which is in 6 days.

If you want to use rear wheels in front to have square setup, you may have to use 10mm spacer. That will clear the strut but I cannot say for sure that will not destroy hood.

So, in short, don't do it. look for other option to have square setup.
I'm sorry to read that happened, but thank you for the valuable information! I'm just going to stick with stock sizes I believe, for now.

WPGSUPRA

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Are you talking mounting a rear wheel on the front with a 275 tire or a 275 on a stock front wheel?

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
will 5mm spaces fit rear rims with 275 on the front?

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
not a fan of spacer but if you do, i'd recommend 10mm at least if that it will clear hood/fender.
im on 13mm atm but it seems a bit much. I got 5mm but I haven't tried them yet. I was thinking of getting 8mm or 10mm

Suprafast

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra (White)
I'm considering running a square 19x10.5 with 275/30-19, anyone with this experience? will it rub the strut or anything within the wheel hubs.

appreciate all the responses.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
I want to run a square setup and after having conversion with two vendors I learned it's possible. Depending on the offset with aftermarket wheels you could run 19x10s in the front w/o spacers.

Edit: tires discussed were 275/35

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a second set of OEM rims running 275 squared with rear wheels. You need spacers to clear the front brakes

zain2050

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 prem
What about running 275 35 r19 on OEM front wheels? Any experience with that? Does that also rub or is that fine? I do not want to change the stock wheels I just want to get the square set up.
Sponsored