NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I can say after driving a bunch of MKV's and having 305's on my 10.5 inch TE's the car tramlines horribly with that setup, even stock you get a little shimmy under heavy throttle, I went down to 295's on the TE setup and it was a little better but not great, def need to mess with Toe to get it down, but I know whatever setup I run next, I will not be running 305 again, just too big for the wheels and the chasis. for me its under heavy throttle you feel the instability in the rear, especially on highway speeds and if tire pressures are higher. I love the look of a meaty tire but the lack of handling and tramlining is terrible, I've yet to find a good daily driver alignment spec that is the best of both worlds. People should start posting up their sheets lol. It is by far my most hated part of the supra, I think with a proper SPL setup and correct adjustment it can be removed, but it so expensive and just a total PITA.
Sponsored

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I can say after driving a bunch of MKV's and having 305's on my 10.5 inch TE's the car tramlines horribly with that setup, even stock you get a little shimmy under heavy throttle, I went down to 295's on the TE setup and it was a little better but not great, def need to mess with Toe to get it down, but I know whatever setup I run next, I will not be running 305 again, just too big for the wheels and the chasis. for me its under heavy throttle you feel the instability in the rear, especially on highway speeds and if tire pressures are higher. I love the look of a meaty tire but the lack of handling and tramlining is terrible, I've yet to find a good daily driver alignment spec that is the best of both worlds. People should start posting up their sheets lol. It is by far my most hated part of the supra, I think with a proper SPL setup and correct adjustment it can be removed, but it so expensive and just a total PITA.
It would be nice if SPL can share the parts and specs to correct this

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
@Traxion
I know he does a lot of auto cross and track days with his car and does not get it aligned for each event and back for street driving. I'm sure he has a sheet laying around showing measurements on his.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
With everyoneā€˜s aftermarket parts being different, I donā€™t think there is one perfect alignment - unless we all had the same exact goodies or completely stock. Iā€™ve found a few good mechanics that make those adjustments.

Iā€™ve posted my alignment before. I donā€˜t have one this time because it was done by string at a local Porsche race shop. Iā€™ll be driving all weekend (including yesterday) at Sebring. Iā€™m really close to spec on everything except camber. I have all the SPL goodies. Many have been adjusted to aid the setup/suspension. I like to run negative 3.0-3.3 up front and negative 2.8 (+/- 0.3) in the back. The car feels fantastic on track anywhere w/in that range to me. As for street. No difference. Feels great. Iā€™m on a 275-18 square setup.

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
This is an interesting read. I've been fighting through this. I had 295/35 Cup 2s and 275/35 PSS on the car with TEs a few months ago and it was amazing. Went with 295/35 and then 305/30 Conti Sport 2 and 255/35 PSS (freebies) for the winter and it's 50/50 if the car is good or wants to take a quick exit at WOT. I figured it was the softer tire or mismatched front to rear. Bought some slightly used 305/30 R888s for a great price that I'll put on in a few months to see the difference.
Sponsored

Last edited: