NA

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
Okay buddy. Been running them on my Supra since 2019. Welcome to the game
What does that even mean buddy?

Give me some context here. Do you track 305 on a 10.5 and what is your driving style?

If you are mostly about straight-line then I understand but anything else I don't see how you can substantiate 305 is perfect fit in a scientific way. I run 295 on a 10.5 and I can tell you from experience 285 on a 10.5 handles better.

Last edited:

Bigjsn250

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
All tires are not the same, for instance a Michelin 305 is much wider than several other popular brands. Most 305 width tires bulge a little to much for me on a 10" wheel, but 10.5 or 11" are fine. As to the tramlining, every car I have owned with wide front tires has done this to some extent. This is from the Tire Rack and is a good explanation: High performance tires with short sidewalls that develop lots of cornering power at lower slip angles will be more susceptible to tramlining than standard All-Season passenger tires that develop less cornering force until their slip angle increases. A wider treaded tire will encounter more longitudinal ruts and/or grooves in the road than a narrow treaded tire. A tire with large tread blocks that transmits the driver's input to the road with great precision will also transmit the road's imperfections back to the vehicle's suspension. And because tires become more responsive as their tread depth wears away (which is why tires are shaved for competition and track use), a tire will become more likely to tramline as it wears.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
GRMan is right. Testing proves that going with the ideal tire size for a wheel is faster on the track than going with the biggest you can fit.

Here's a good example:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Car bowling straightliners and turn-the-steering-wheel-track-guys arguing with each other on what works correctly? Tell me it isn't so.

Two absolutely different worlds with absolutely different people. If the car bowlers want marshmallows as tires, let them. If the turn-the-wheel-because-we-have-higher-iq-track-guys want slightly stretched tires for better response and grip, let us.

download.jpg

OP
OP

DrMaryStone

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
So instead of talking to me, you'd rather post like this on the forum?

I didn't "go behind your back"

I have a very good relationship with the shop you kept talking about having work done by. So I reached out to see if there was something that was missed or that I could help with, considering 80% of my day consists of sitting at a desk doing nothing but research.
Nowhere in yours and I's conversations was there even a mention of another alignment shop having done the work (Considering I only recommended two shops and I know for a fact one hadn't gotten booked by you for an alignment) until the end of the conversation.

I'll post up the entire conversation since you want to go at it like this.,

Setup_1.png

Setup_2.png

Setup_3.png

Setup_4.png
1) "I didn't "go behind your back""

You did as you didn't consult me first and went to the shop which created unnecessary confusion. They called me in a panic wondering what was going on.

2) "Nowhere in yours and I's conversations was there even a mention of another alignment shop having done the work (Considering I only recommended two shops and I know for a fact one hadn't gotten booked by you for an alignment) until the end of the conversation."

Correct, I did mention it at the end but before we even started our private conversation you had already reached out to the shop. Point and case item 1 above. So following that train of thought I never had an opportunity to tell you because you talked to the shop before we even began speaking.

3) "I'll post up the entire conversation since you want to go at it like this.,"

This is fair but I never mentioned your name. I do however think you are being nasty.

So in conclusion you had the opportunity to reach out to me before contacting the shop and you didn't. I don't know why you decided to do it this way but It angered me a great deal. I've also heard you talk about other people in the community (behind their back) who I have talked to and they were great people and super helpful. So I do not think this is your first rodeo so to speak.

In any case I think you have paranoid tendencies that make you feel as if you have to defend yourself or be proactive in ways that are unhelpful.

To conclude the wheels you sold me are fine and the shops that I work with are as well. Lets just take a chill pill and all hold hands.

I wish you the best.

Kisses and Love,

Last edited:

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Car bowling straightliners and turn-the-steering-wheel-track-guys arguing with each other on what works correctly? Tell me it isn't so.

Two absolutely different worlds with absolutely different people. If the car bowlers want marshmallows as tires, let them. If the turn-the-wheel-because-we-have-higher-iq-track-guys want slightly stretched tires for better response and grip, let us.

download.jpg
Hello Razorlab,

Lower IQ, Bowling sub 100s reporting for duty.

Please edumacate me which Marshmallow size is best for traction to get from bottom of street to top of street on stock wheels. I like to turn wheel, but never turn wheel enough to enter high IQ category on street.

Big brain = more thoughts

More thoughts = more problems

small brain do trick

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
Just throwing this out there to give feedback on something similar to your concern. On my 2021 Mach 1 handling pack car came with 305/30/19 front and 315/30/19 rear cup 2 tires. The car tramlined terribly on roads and when going over small cracks in the road would suck me to one way as well.

Soon as I replaced the tires (went with PS4S) tramline was immediately gone. I did get an alignment done to BEFORE replacing the tires and it was still there but as soon as I swapped out the tires absolutely no tramlining was there anymore. It very well could be the tires themselves causing most of that being as it looks like they're supposed to be a softer tire. Maybe when you burn the rubber up on those ones go with some slightly less stickier tires? The PS4S on the street don't feel any different than the Cup 2's that came on my car.

Hope that helps or someone else has an idea as well on it if the alignment isn't right which could also cause it.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Hello Razorlab,

Lower IQ, Bowling sub 100s reporting for duty.

Please edumacate me which Marshmallow size is best for traction to get from bottom of street to top of street on stock wheels. I like to turn wheel, but never turn wheel enough to enter high IQ category on street.

Big brain = more thoughts

More thoughts = more problems

small brain do trick
I'm sorry, I am not educated in maple syrup tires like what you have in Canada, therefore, I can be of no help.

hoser-take-off.gif

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
I'm sorry, I am not educated in maple syrup tires like what you have in Canada, therefore, I can be of no help.

hoser-take-off.gif
TABARNAK you have uh reminded me i had to take my maple syrup tires off and replace with hockey puck tires cause its cold in these parts this time uh year don't ya know buds...

maple syrup tires much better sticky

syrup = much more grips helps when im out for a rip eh.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra

hoser-take-off.gif
What do you know about sticky tires if you haven't done a syrup coated tire lap?

smh man

eh

TABARNAK you have uh reminded me i had to take my maple syrup tires off and replace with hockey puck tires cause its cold in these parts this time uh year don't ya know buds...

maple syrup tires much better sticky

syrup = much more grips helps when im out for a rip eh.
What the hell are you talking a-boat

1120bbfb-095b-4ce5-9d00-931b20b3a424.png
Sponsored