Starting issues.

SEEJAY

First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 MK5 SUPRA
My Mk5 will sometimes turn over longer than I would like before firing up. It doesn't happen very often about three times in 2 years, but the last time it went for a good while before firing up.
Has any one experienced this trait I feel it may be a BMW oddity.
Regards SEEJAY
Sponsored

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mods? Mileage? Weather conditions? Any tune? What fuel are you putting in the tank?

Could be a million things, without the proper info it may be hard to diagnose here.
I had this happen sometimes on my old car, usually came down to colder weather for the car, or plugs.

OP
OP
SEEJAY

SEEJAY

First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 MK5 SUPRA
Mods? Mileage? Weather conditions? Any tune? What fuel are you putting in the tank?

Could be a million things, without the proper info it may be hard to diagnose here.
I had this happen sometimes on my old car, usually came down to colder weather for the car, or plugs.
Hi no mods bog standard its only happened 3 or 4 times but the BMW DNA can be a bit odd

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Mine does this too sometimes. More so when it sits in very cold weather for 12+ hours. Having an e 50 blend doesn’t help.
even in the summerit happens though. But only once a month if even

LoveSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 - 2019
Have had it happen with my car before. Usually if it hasn't been driven for a few days, but its not a certainty.

Its very rare and the rough start doesn't go on for long (maybe 2 seconds longer). During that time I hear the engine sort of start itself twice if that makes sense.

I'd say this has happened about ... 5 times in roughly 2 years of ownership of the car.

Car was stock with no mods. Haven't had it happen with a modified car yet.

Joey MKV

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0 Premium (absolute zero/red)
This same thing is happening to me it its almost daily on the first start up. Takes like 1-2 seconds then fires up and runs perfect rest of the day. I hooked up Ctek to it all day yesterday utill it read full. Still happened this morning. Did you guys ever resolve this?

az_supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
I’m also experiencing this issue in my stock 2021 3.0 Prem. Fuel is 91 octane and oil is the Molly 5w-30 kit.
Sponsored