Ten Chimes when starting car?

PNWDMM

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0, CX5, Ranger
Hi all, hoping you can help diagnose a chiming sound. I recently coded out the seatbelt warning light/chime, along with the start/stop function. I did this right when I took delivery of the car, so I’m not sure if it was happening before or not.
When I start the car, there are ten dings or chimes in succession, maybe 15s after turning the car on. It seems to be unrelated to being too close to something, that’s a different noise. Any thoughts?

I should add, there are no lights on the dash or screen with any warnings or anything.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Check the clock. It may be stuck at Christmas time 😆

What procedure did you follow when coding them out. sounds as if you might have messed that up?
If I recall correctly, things chime when you have the door open with ignition on, or if you start the car and walk away with the key. etc..

OP
OP
PNWDMM

PNWDMM

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0, CX5, Ranger
Check the clock. It may be stuck at Christmas time 😆

What procedure did you follow when coding them out. sounds as if you might have messed that up?
If I recall correctly, things chime when you have the door open with ignition on, or if you start the car and walk away with the key. etc..
Normally I do have a Christmas tree light set up on my dash, but thankfully not with this car.. yet.

I followed ThiccWhips tutorial, Bluetooth adapter and BimmerCode, airplane mode, diagnostic mode, went into the category, coded it, applied changes, car off and back on and it all seemed to work. I have a video of the chimes if that helps. Trimmed the video so it fits.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
That's the alarm, wonder why it's going off when you start it? What's up fellow PNW btw!

BadDecisions

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LS Swapped FRS, 3000gt VR4, 2020 Supra
It sounds like a radar detector to me. Do you have a radar detector?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Didn't someone else recently have some jank dealer installed alarm bullshit on their car that went off once they started it? Could this be similar?

OP
OP
PNWDMM

PNWDMM

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0, CX5, Ranger
That's the alarm, wonder why it's going off when you start it? What's up fellow PNW btw!
I have no idea! Maybe my car needs to get used to me, and know that I’m the owner? Thinks I’m a bad guy breaking in? Stoked to see the PNW scene here, don’t really see many supras on the streets around here.

OP
OP
PNWDMM

PNWDMM

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0, CX5, Ranger
Didn't someone else recently have some jank dealer installed alarm bullshit on their car that went off once they started it? Could this be similar?
I mean…. Sounds eerily similar. Had it shipped up from Lithia down in CA.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I was just thinking about that, once I heard the video, I remembered that exact post. I'm pretty sure it's that junk

OP
OP
PNWDMM

PNWDMM

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0, CX5, Ranger

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Spot on. I just pulled apart the footwell and there’s this little GPS tracker. Now I have to figure out how to take it out… thanks a ton everyone.
When you do take a little road trip down to the dealer and drop that shit on their front desk without saying a word.
Sponsored