"Street hunter" style wings in UK

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Hi all, I recently made a poor purchase on AliExpress, i've had some good things from there in the past and some not so good things and this being one of them. The fitment is terrible and so many other issues. Luckily I did a test fit with tape first prior to drilling the boot but decided not to go ahead with it.

Where have you obtained streethunter style wings in the UK? and what experiences have you had with fitment etc?

20230831_114736 redacted.jpg

20230831_114247.jpg
Sponsored

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
The SH wing recently got major improvements to fitment and design. The blade is improved and stands are improved. It also includes decent hardware this time and templates to ensure an easy install.

If shipping isn't terrible I'd probably stick with that. Only bad thing about the new kit for me is that the caps have street hunter branding on it. I hate branding on aftermarket body pieces. But a body shop can easily get it filled for you.

If anything, a good body shop could get your current purchase to fit properly by sanding down those stands to fit the contours of the trunk.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
The SH wing recently got major improvements to fitment and design. The blade is improved and stands are improved. It also includes decent hardware this time and templates to ensure an easy install.

If shipping isn't terrible I'd probably stick with that. Only bad thing about the new kit for me is that the caps have street hunter branding on it. I hate branding on aftermarket body pieces. But a body shop can easily get it filled for you.

If anything, a good body shop could get your current purchase to fit properly by sanding down those stands to fit the contours of the trunk.
I agree - it will probably be cheaper & easier to make that wing fit than it will be to source another.

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Yeah I'm trying to get a refund for it at the moment so watch this space. I do love the style of this so if I get a refund I may still get an official street hunter one :lol: rather than a knock off and being cheap.