Tuning in the UK

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 M3, MKIV TT6, A90 Edition on Order
Garage-D in Berkhamsted did mine.
Superb results, fully tested in my car. Thousands of miles on the tune with no issues. They spent ages on the dyno and the road getting it right. They should have their own dyno set up any day now so we’ll spend even more time perfecting it.
Can i ask what the figures were, and how much it costed? did they use BM3 or Ecutek or different?

Downpipe and OPF delete aswel?
Sponsored

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
Currently custom downpipe, full HKS exhaust and custom MHD map (ecutek wasn’t available at the time)
Made 400hp with just a remap, still tweaking the post DP/exhaust map so no figures yet.
I’m more interested in driveability than numbers so didn’t ask. Once we tweak the new map I’ll post the graphs.

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Currently custom downpipe, full HKS exhaust and custom MHD map (ecutek wasn’t available at the time)
Made 400hp with just a remap, still tweaking the post DP/exhaust map so no figures yet.
I’m more interested in driveability than numbers so didn’t ask. Once we tweak the new map I’ll post the graphs.
nice, looking forward to it. Did a map make a difference near the top end? I always felt that’s where it lacked

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, improvement across the board. Top end still needs more but there’s a big improvement.

Browndog

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Incoming A90
Had a Stage 2 at Litchfield last week using ECUTEK.
To say I'm pleased is an understatement.
It is now the car it always should have been.
Sound is a massive part of driving performance cars, or else we'd all be in Teslas!

ECUTEK upgrade due out very soon which will enable bluetooth/app control over many features. Like the current
BMW and Nissan ones.

Litchfield Stage 2 ECU Remap - 475 bhp / 470 lbft

toyota-supra-a90-stage-2-small.png

Following on from our Stage 1 ECU development we are pleased to introduce our Stage 2 upgrade for customer looking to use their cars off road. By installing our free flowing down pipe and OPF delete we are able to increase power to smooth and useable level.

Stage 2 includes our 4” Downpipe, OPF centre section delete, labour to install and Stage 2 ECU remap. We can provide further power increase with a full downpipe back exhaust system so contact us to discuss your requirements.

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
With just a downpipe and standard stage 2 ECU map, most tuners end up indeed around the 480HP level (for our American friends, it is also engine HP for Litchfield). You can further stretch the standard turbo till around 520HP on 93 octane, but that is the upper limit.

I can compare perfectly the standard turbo pushed to its max, compared to an upgraded bolt-on turbo not yet at its full potential.
Would recommend a good upgraded turbo, the car drives so much better with it :). Loving my upgraded one and still perfect for daily driveability.

But thats just me, 480HP on just a downpipe and tune is already a lot of power for most people who can afford the Supra (it ain't a cheap car)

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sound is a massive part of driving performance cars, or else we'd all be in Teslas!

ECUTEK upgrade due out very soon which will enable bluetooth/app control over many features. Like the current
BMW and Nissan ones.

Following on from our Stage 1 ECU development we are pleased to introduce our Stage 2 upgrade for customer looking to use their cars off road. By installing our free flowing down pipe and OPF delete we are able to increase power to smooth and useable level.

Stage 2 includes our 4” Downpipe, OPF centre section delete, labour to install and Stage 2 ECU remap. We can provide further power increase with a full downpipe back exhaust system so contact us to discuss your requirements.
im so tempted. What will you be doing about MOT etc, or does litchfield take care of it

Browndog

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Incoming A90
Hi mate. I thought about this for some time and came to the conclusion that I'll deal with it when it happens.
I can't see Litchfield taking care of it to be honest. Worst case scenario I'll put the cat back in.
Few years away yet.

pav911

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
I'm planning on going to Evolve in Luton. Actually I'm going to try and use their remote tuning service. I got a stage 1 tune for my 2018 Mini JCW and it made a big difference.

Am I right in thinking it's best to do the 1200 run in before doing any sort of tuning? thx

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm planning on going to Evolve in Luton. Actually I'm going to try and use their remote tuning service. I got a stage 1 tune for my 2018 Mini JCW and it made a big difference.

Am I right in thinking it's best to do the 1200 run in before doing any sort of tuning? thx
Personally I would do 1200 then get evolve to do an oil change before the tune

not going to hurt

I went for my first spirited (well half spirited) drive today since being broken in. The car is alot quicker than I remember, the amount of low down torque is very good. Very effortless. I drove an NA V8 for 4 years and it’s amazing how much more work you had to put into that to go anywhere in a hurry

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
Yes they have a high-torque at a low-rpm range, which is great for daily driving.
Very quick at the lights, you don't need to floor the car to get it moving really fast :D

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra

I've tuned a few pre 1,200 mile cars without any issues. I do typically recommend doing the 1,200 and getting an oil change though just to verify you don't have any issues or strugles with your dealer.

I also do remote tuning regardless of your country. I could use a few folks scatered through europe to help me dial in for the fuel types across the countinent. If you are interested in this I could arrange a bit of a discount. ✌

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've tuned a few pre 1,200 mile cars without any issues. I do typically recommend doing the 1,200 and getting an oil change though just to verify you don't have any issues or strugles with your dealer.

I also do remote tuning regardless of your country. I could use a few folks scatered through europe to help me dial in for the fuel types across the countinent. If you are interested in this I could arrange a bit of a discount. ✌
You did Illiminate if i remember correctly?? their first map with the pops and bangs was nuts!

djbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Pro

BMW and Nissan ones.

Got any videos of your car with this done? Interested to hear how it sounds.
Sponsored