Street hunter wing - original or knock off?

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I’ve heard from people that the quality of the rep is pretty trash, but idk. I personally chose to go with the original one
How was the fitment? Heard there were issues with the wing and pillars not connecting tight.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
Get the cheapest one. Both are made cheaply.

The Streethunter has a higher than what I would consider normal risk of cracking either the wing or the base mounts during installation. I have read/heard/seen multiple cases of this. They even mention it in the install guide.

I wouldn't worry about fitment, there are multiple people who bought the replica and have absolutely no fitment issues.

I'm sure there are some who do, but there are also some who do with the Streehunter.

The bottom line is this wing is for aesthetic purposes. If you want a real wing get a real wing, to pretend that the Streethunter wing is for anything other than aesthetics is exactly that, pretending.

As far as aesthetics go, they look nearly identical from what I can see, save the mounting hardware might actually be stainless steel in the replica wing...something the Streethunter wing lacks for nearly 2 grand.

Had I the chance to decide over again, I'd have gone with the replica. You basically pay an extra thousand for a sticker that says streethunter and a certificate that proves it's the real one.

Boblay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, F82 M4
How was the fitment? Heard there were issues with the wing and pillars not connecting tight.
Yeah the fitment is definitely not the best, there is a slight gap that is not noticeable unless you come up close. Going to try fixing it after I resolve my trunk hole issue.

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
I’d pay the difference to not explain to someone who asks about my Streethunter wing that it’s a “suvneer”.

just my two cents. I have the full kit and I wouldn’t change it. Streethunter and their team have been great with customer service, too. Something you’re not going to get at all with a rep

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I’d pay the difference to not explain to someone who asks about my Streethunter wing that it’s a “suvneer”.

just my two cents. I have the full kit and I wouldn’t change it. Streethunter and their team have been great with customer service, too. Something you’re not going to get at all with a rep
Yeah but there is a lot of stuff that needs to go into the wing that the company should do.
im just not trying to spend 2k on a wing that won’t fit right from the start.
mill have to ask about their return policy because no way in hell would I have a shop adjust the wing to make it fit right. That should be on the shop

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
Yeah but there is a lot of stuff that needs to go into the wing that the company should do.
mill have to ask about their return policy because no way in hell would I have a shop adjust the wing to make it fit right. That should be on the shop
the rep is certainly not going to have better fitment than the original. The Streethunter wing has been known to require some extra work, to be fair. If you’re looking for a wing thats going to fit perfect you’re best off with a track style trunk bolt on style wing

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well it's not exact science.
I think even in this picture, right side looks a bit different. Not sure if it's photo angle, reflection or whatever, but looks different.
Looks higher and more outboard..
final_supra_shots-82x1.5_97914001-3f0e-44e2-aaf7-b699809711bf_1800x1800_1.jpg

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Well it's not exact science.
I think even in this picture, right side looks a bit different. Not sure if it's photo angle, reflection or whatever, but looks different.
Looks higher and more outboard..
Once seen cannot be unseen.. Sometimes courteous not to mention.. like you wouldn't go up to an ugly girl telling her something is definitely wrong with the right side of her face... looks higher and more outboard...?

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Have a StreetHunter wing on mine and overall it looks good on the car but the fitment is not the best. So far I’ve seen in person one other Supra with the street hunter wing and that car has the same fitment issues as mine. I had a high end shop install it and they can get the passenger side to fit pretty flush although not 100% perfect but the drivers side will have a gap. On mine and the other Supra the gap is a few screw threads worth roughly 3-4, if you look closely you will notice it. From others online I’ve heard of some people getting it to fit flush, but many others like myself have fitment issues. I think it’s the manufacturers having a bad mold cause the other guy and myself have the identical fitment issue. The bottom of the carbon fiber centerpiece on the drivers side hits the support while the top doesn’t, causing a gap to show. Overall though it looks good but don’t expect it to be perfect.

TheIronLotus

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Supra 3.0
I just recently installed the street hunter wing on my 2021 and I got to say though it’s not perfect I love it! Some noticeable gaps if your really looking for it but overall it just looks really good on the car in my opinion.
4E908678-A5DF-4380-B645-EC675909337D.jpeg

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Update: I reached out to 10+ people about the wing on Instagram. 2 said they had no issues but when installed them, they had gaps/fixed them with spacers.
I also reached out to the company…
They basically ended up getting pissed and only said, “take it to a pro shop. If it doesn’t fit, the shop can grind away on it”.

this is not a good answer…

In this case, price does not equal quality.

yes the rep does have protruding screws slightly, but if you dremel the piece a little, I think the screws can fit in just fine
Sponsored