StreetHunter Wing Experience

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Anyone upgrade their gas struts for the trunk to help with the added weight? I'm trying to figure out what to buy. I have never seen anyone talk about this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
APanoMKV

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone upgrade their gas struts for the trunk to help with the added weight? I'm trying to figure out what to buy. I have never seen anyone talk about this.
It’s not really needed imo, the only time I’ve seen that the trunk can’t support the weight and stay open is when you’re parked on a hill and open the trunk up.

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
Anyone have experience on the time it takes to have a spoiler delivered from the Streethunter designs company? Ordered mine a few days ago and haven’t received a confirmation email, or response to a follow up I sent.

Considering opening a PP claim since I have no idea what’s going on.
Just a personal opinion-
Good luck, I went to place an order on Monday, they stated the wings were in stock (they are very responsive and responded just fine, except to my question about the site difference), but the site said otherwise (so I inquired as to the difference “crickets”). I heard some people in the SWFL Supra group saying it kind of a scam to cover the orders coming in. So holding off. I was already jerked around by LG motorsports for 6 months. (Side note the fitment wasn’t great on the street hunter wing saw few at the last cars an coffee). But hey to each there own??‍♂

Last edited:

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have experience on the time it takes to have a spoiler delivered from the Streethunter designs company? Ordered mine a few days ago and haven’t received a confirmation email, or response to a follow up I sent.

It could just be because it’s the holidays and lots of people taking time off.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

Few days ago was a Sunday.... kind of impatient. It is/was the holidays, it was a weekend. Probably off till the new years.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Wing arrived today, packaging was great but the material finish and quality of the wing is pretty terrible.

I don’t know how long it has been since the first iteration, but I did expect them to revise based on feedback over the last two years and that has just not happened.

C75B8565-04FA-4503-BED5-370A5D751865.jpeg

1F8319C6-18E4-45EA-902A-896BC0A77B5E.jpeg

DCD6FFFF-A395-46B9-894B-1F5B9E8C9213.jpeg

C299F451-CF6E-4EEC-8C02-9947D121B93D.jpeg

57165303-64C9-4D06-8E43-7D7309C57A1E.jpeg

3B0406D2-FE80-4870-B019-837BBAC4C01D.jpeg

I had a Seibon MB style wing prior to selling my red 2021, and the quality is night and day difference. Seibon is SO far ahead of this, and quite honestly I would not repurchase this but would repurchase the Seibon.

Will have a post side by side between the Streethunter and Sunveer, as two buddies here on the forum have the Sunveer.
TJ / streethunter should be ashamed of themselves
this was always just a cash grab, crazy to think a wing that costs THAT much has poor fit, poor finish, and doesnt even come with stainless hardware

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Suvneer is just as bad if not worse since it’s probably a knock off made from Streethunter molds. When I got my Suvneer it looked worse than your wing but I also expected it to need A LOT of bodywork to meet my expectations. I wasn’t about to just get it sprayed and slap it on. I had to have the body shop shape the right side wing to match the shape of the left side, it needed to be sanded down smooth because you could see how uneven the surface was, etc etc. Then when the shop was doing all the work they found out that the plastics were uneven in thickness so when they were sanding down high areas there were holes that opened up in certain areas.The worst places were where the plate covers the bolts that attaches the center pieces. These were terribly molded and uneven and when you put the plate on, the gaps were hideous.

Anyways, if you expect it to look great you’ll need to put on a lot of extra time and/or money to get a good body shop to fix all those issues. Mine looks amazing now and I couldn’t be happier.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
However, Seibon’s TRD wing is available and i bet fits perfectly with minimal work! TD style wing

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
looks like its 1 peice too.
Yup! No complicated 3 piece jigsaw puzzle to assemble here. That will eliminate any gaps at the top and won’t have to worry about rusty hardware making a mess either

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Just a personal opinion-
Good luck, I went to place an order on Monday, they stated the wings were in stock (they are very responsive and responded just fine, except to my question about the site difference), but the site said otherwise (so I inquired as to the difference “crickets”). I heard some people in the SWFL Supra group saying it kind of a scam to cover the orders coming in. So holding off. I was already jerked around by LG motorsports for 6 months. (Side note the fitment wasn’t great on the street hunter wing saw few at the last cars an coffee). But hey to each there own??‍♂
What SWFL group are you referring to? I am in that area

OP
OP
APanoMKV

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to follow up on this post that I made. It turns out I’m an idiot, and the emails were flagged as spam, and I never checked. So I did file a claim, and SHD called me right away to figure it out, and when we did I cancelled the claim. End story is that the wing arrives tomorrow (1/10) and was ordered 12/25, which is a great turnaround!

I would definitely recommend the customer service of the Streethunter Designs company.
I wouldn’t recommend their customer service, all their rep tells you if you has issues with installation is to contact sos customs and that everyone who’s fitment is bad doesn’t know what their doing and doesn’t know how to install the wing.
Nonetheless even with the imperfections that it has, it still looks good on the car. That I can’t deny.
Sponsored