StreetHunter Wing Experience

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
I didn't have a problem with fitment but the fact that the screws provided were not rust proof shows the lack of experience in parts development. The screws are rusting and its causing rust water to drip all over the rear after every car wash. It's so annoying!

Eek! I would run to Lowes and get some stainless steel hardware before they become hard to remove.

Most hardware stores will have that board which will allow you to match up thread/bolt sizes for both SAE and metric. I'm actually thinking of getting one for home.
Sponsored

SUPRATOY

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 SUPRA
I got my street hunter wing few weeks ago! I got mine installed by myself in about an hour.... the fitment was just a hair shy of perfect!.. the only thing I changed or modify was the hardware..... got it replaced with stainless steel and painted to match when the sides were sent to get painted!

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
Chiming in has anyone found galvanized hardware or a direct replacement for those rusty screws? Running into the same issue

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Hi all,

I recently purchased the StreetHunter Design rear wing for my 2020 Supra. Overall thoughts on this are it is a great and design, Toyota shouldā€™ve had an option to add a wing similar to this like the mkiv trd wing, but the quality couldā€™ve been a better especially for the price paid. Also to mention there is no template for drilling the holes into the trunk lid which isnā€™t the end of the world, but it couldā€™ve made life a little easier. After driving around with the wing, and from what I saw on another post, it seems the hardware included with the wing isnā€™t galvanized so thatā€™s one thing to keep in mind.

I brought the car and wing to a high end shop here in the Bay Area that specializes in bodywork, paint, installing high end aftermarket parts for cars such as Mercedes Benz, Bentleys, Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and so on. Euro Design in South San Francisco has been around for more than 25 years and they have lots of experience with aftermarket modifications such as installing a wing like this one.

I was present during the install process. Upon initial inspection of the wing supports and bridge it looked nice, like it would be a piece of cake to install. It would have been nice if the center of the supports where the screws are supposed to Mount to the bridge was pre drilled and ready to go. Not the end of the world, but wouldā€™ve made life a bit easier. The shop drilled those holes and painted the supports in Renaissance red 2.0 because they figured the fitment of the supports to the bridge would be pretty much perfect especially for the pretty price tag of the wing. Once it was painted, they tested the fitment of the assembled wing and noticed immediately in between the two holes that we had to make in the supports, there was a bit of a bulge on each support not allowing the fitment of the bridge to the supports to be flush. I then emailed and spoke to someone from the StreetHunter Designs team who said that their supports are hand made and the shop is doing something wrong. He also said it would fit fine once the bolts connecting the wing supports and the bridge were tightened down.

Upon further adjustment of the wing and fitment of the bridge to the supports, the bulges were still an issue. In order to correct it, they grinded the bulges down, not too much but just a bit, and the fitment was much better than before however not perfect. They then mocked up and drilled the holes into the trunk lid. Another thing to mention is the provided hardware that goes into the underneath of the wing supports and attaches it to the trunk lid fit the holes in the supports but were a bit loose, you could wiggle them around a little.
(Edit: Apparebtly the looseness is intentional, it is there so if the holes you drill donā€™t exactly align with the holes in the supports, it will still fit)

After the fitment was finalized, the wing was taken apart one last time and the supports were touched up with more of the Renaissance red 2.0 paint to match beautifully with the rest of the car.

8E311679-AD9E-4A7E-AF2E-2D6DCEB8E161.jpeg

A11FDA68-00E6-48B7-92F4-F7D3A19F2694.jpeg

91FB298B-0667-458B-B0AC-8033B6F9F1F4.jpeg

911F805A-C23E-4C34-8C39-1059C296F124.jpeg

BEDF9329-A78A-457C-BC11-CC509FACE96D.jpeg

FB489EF4-48EC-4556-8C07-44B8F7973401.jpeg

C1814C8C-E766-4AEE-9694-AD3FE7DF24B5.jpeg

10D201BC-862D-49CD-8317-8F7F5A3658C4.jpeg

924ECDFD-105D-43C1-BFF0-303F3D3F54F7.jpeg
Thanks for taking the time and writing up your experience.

I really like the way this wing looks and Iā€™ll have to do some homework to find a trusted shop who can put it together for me later in the future.

I also have a red Supra and that wing looks amazing on the car. Iā€™m from Sacramento, so Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a possibility we might run into each other sometime :thumbsup:

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Chiming in has anyone found galvanized hardware or a direct replacement for those rusty screws? Running into the same issue
Not sure if you have them in your area, but Ace Hardware has the best selection by me.

I would not count on galvanized from experience, go with stainless steel.

In the interim, I would take the fasteners out and wire wheel them to remove all the rust. Then use anti-seize on the threads and paint the heads with oil-based nail polish.

Enerzia

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem
I just got my Streethunter Wing and the two pillars holding the bridge up are not sitting flush with the trunk. Did anyone have the same problem? Whenever I try to align the bottom end of the wing closest to the taillights, the top end of the wing would raise a bit. Will the gap be less noticeable once I tighten the screws onto the trunk?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I just got my Streethunter Wing and the two pillars holding the bridge up are not sitting flush with the trunk. Did anyone have the same problem? Whenever I try to align the bottom end of the wing closest to the taillights, the top end of the wing would raise a bit. Will the gap be less noticeable once I tighten the screws onto the trunk?
Yeah- itā€™s sorta all over the forums. That wings sorta fits like trash, from what Iā€™ve ready. Youā€™ll almost certainly need to take it to a good body shop for install.

Gniht

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
For those of you with the Street Hunter Wing - What adhesive are you guys using between your wing and trunk to prevent any water leaking in? Just got my wing recently and was wondering if the adhesive would show on the Absolute Zero white.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Get some closed cell foam...
1/16" is enough to keep water out n shouldn't show (much)...

Steve

For those of you with the Street Hunter Wing - What adhesive are you guys using between your wing and trunk to prevent any water leaking in? Just got my wing recently and was wondering if the adhesive would show on the Absolute Zero white.

Lawlow97

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 Supra
Just got mine tooo and Iā€™m having the same issues. When I sit down the wing I set them flush and only one side will set flush while the other is about 2 inches from the car. What did you do? Thanks Iā€™m advance!

Lawlow97

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 Supra
Hello I have already posted this under someone elseā€™s replies but no luck yet I Just got my wing tooo and Iā€™m having some issues with fitment. When I sit down the wing I set the side pieces flush and only one side will sit flush while the other is about 2 inches from the car. And if I fix the side that is 2 inches from the trunk the other side would go up 2 inches

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the knock-off one from Suvneer that the Thic Whips guy on YouTube put on his car. Seeing your posts about how bad the original Streethunter wing fitment is, Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t pay thousands for it. Hopefully whenever it gets here the quality and fitment is good, but Iā€™m sure itā€™s gonna take some work to make it fit as good as possible. Anyone else get one of the knockoff brands?

Last edited:

KevinTQ

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
I have no issue with fitment, but starting to see rust. I got my wing installed by a shop so I don't have the specs on the screws and bolts. Does anyone have the specs so I can go buy the stainless steel. And the quantity..
Sponsored