Suma Performance

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, S550, TMY
Post a review when you got em installed. Really interested in the anti glare and convex aspects.

Does this play nice with the BSM? I read that the rexspeed one had issues where it would look amber regardless.
Here is a YT review.

00:00 Intro
00:47 Unboxing
02:10 OEM mirrors test
02:50 OEM vs Suma Mirrors
05:00 Mirrors Intall
12:00 Why looks different?
14:10 Quick Note
16:37 This Why looks different
18:46 Road Testing
19:15 My opinion
Sponsored

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
What is the difference between ordering "Defroster" vs "Defroster + BSM"? And in the one video, it seemed there was an OEM connector that was not used - what was that for and how did your product integrate that signal? Lastly, please confirm all OEM safety fuctions still work the same as the OEM mirrors.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, S550, TMY
What is the difference between ordering "Defroster" vs "Defroster + BSM"? And in the one video, it seemed there was an OEM connector that was not used - what was that for and how did your product integrate that signal? Lastly, please confirm all OEM safety fuctions still work the same as the OEM mirrors.
OEM plug and play. If you have BSM (blind spot monitoring), then "Defroster +BSM" is the set to select. The extra wire is for auto dimmer. Suma doesn't have the auto dimmer. That's the reason the auto dimmer wire isn't used. But the blue coating on the suma mirrors serves for the same purpose for reducing glare-ani glare. Does that help?

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
IMG20220316185222.jpg
IMG20220316185254.jpg

IMG20220316185358.jpg

Just came in today. Looking forward to the install this weekend!

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The mirrors take some getting used to.

Between the blue tint and the much greater viewing angles it felt weird for a bit when driving, but now I can't imagine not having them.

I have to merge into fairly heavy traffic on a daily basis and it has gotten a lot easier with these mirrors.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, S550, TMY
The mirrors take some getting used to.

Between the blue tint and the much greater viewing angles it felt weird for a bit when driving, but now I can't imagine not having them.

I have to merge into fairly heavy traffic on a daily basis and it has gotten a lot easier with these mirrors.
Thanks for the feedback @BadOne! Because of the improved field of view, it takes some time for some people to get used to the change. But once you get used to it, it's hard to imagine driving without them.

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
Got these installed as well as some M-style mirror housings, took maybe 30 minutes in total, pretty straightforward install, even an absolute idiot like myself managed it without too much fuss. The difference, especially the driver's side, is drastic and actually somewhat disorientating for the first 10-15 minutes, definitely took a little time to get acclimated to actually having functional visibility.

I recall seeing a complaint here on the forums about the Rexspeed versions having a really dumb BSM design, and I'm afraid to say that these also have the same issue, namely that the BSM triangle looks to be illuminated when there's any light in that vicinity. The BSM itself is also quite dim and I would suggest that a future revision should double the brightness on the warning.

Attached a quick pair of photos here that I snapped for a friend who was considering these as well, and never really planned on sharing them here, so ignore the background. Car wasn't moved and I had pushed the memory button so the mirrors are in the exact same spot for both photos, just took the before photo a few inches too high.

On a somewhat unrelated note, those M-style mirror caps and the $10 Amazon "fix" has nearly eliminated the buffeting issue even up to 80mph.

Attachments

Killswitch24

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Satisfied customer. Visibility is no longer an issue with these mirrors and they didn't take hardly any getting used to as I had feared.

I can confirm that the triangle looks lit in certain light, but I think that has to do with the contrasting blue tint of the glass. You can very much tell the difference between when it's working/lit and just glowing from a reflection. Maybe in time it will be a non-issue.

KingTai

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Is the BSM dim when "warning" like other prior poster stated? I'm not trying to be a jerk just want to see more opinion on that matter before purchasing these mirrors.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is the BSM dim when "warning" like other prior poster stated? I'm not trying to be a jerk just want to see more opinion on that matter before purchasing these mirrors.
The BSM is lit up like it's supposed to be and is extremely obvious (think exactly like stock level of obvious) when it's actually warning you.

When it is not warning you it looks like the picture from patina a few posts above...like slightly orange color, but not lit up like when warning you.
Sponsored