Supra 2020 recall question?

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GTS , Landrover Discovery 4, EVO 9 .
Does anyone know if the reflash done as part of the most recent Supra recall (Australia) cause a problem with reflashing with Bootmod 3 once the car is returned. It is at the dealers right now for the recall (supposedly a brake issue) and a service. They want me to make the call.????? Any urgent advice greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Does anyone know if the reflash done as part of the most recent Supra recall (Australia) cause a problem with reflashing with Bootmod 3 once the car is returned. It is at the dealers right now for the recall (supposedly a brake issue) and a service. They want me to make the call.????? Any urgent advice greatly appreciated.
Search bar

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just an update on what I found out from my car tuner this afternoon. The updated version of the Supra A90 has locked out the option for tuning modifications via the ecu. For example if your are wanting to run a BOOTMOD3 OTS MAPS BUNDLE it is much harder. The good news for those of us who put our money down early is that it was just plug and play. The bad news is that the current RECALL notice about a potential breaking problem means that service centres will lock in the new format which negates our advantage SO BEWARE!!! I have a contact in Western Australia who has a fix. If you want to know more you can pm me.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Just an update on what I found out from my car tuner this afternoon. The updated version of the Supra A90 has locked out the option for tuning modifications via the ecu. For example if your are wanting to run a BOOTMOD3 OTS MAPS BUNDLE it is much harder. The good news for those of us who put our money down early is that it was just plug and play. The bad news is that the current RECALL notice about a potential breaking problem means that service centres will lock in the new format which negates our advantage SO BEWARE!!! I have a contact in Western Australia who has a fix. If you want to know more you can pm me.
Threads on threads on threads on threads on threads on this.

If your car was previously tuned or tunable you'll need a bench unlock. That simple. @Marshall@ViscontiTuning has posted a full document on this, which I've linked a dozen times. Search bar.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I think in Australia everything is backwards.. or was it up-side-down.

You do the recall, then brake booster breaks, then your ECU unlocks.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for your reply. You obviously haven't been to Australia. You should try it sometime. You do need to speak the English language well however... your response makes no sense at all....what are you trying to say

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

If your car was previously tuned or tunable you'll need a bench unlock. That simple. @Marshall@ViscontiTuning has posted a full document on this, which I've linked a dozen times. Search bar.

Yes you are right. The recall has just happened in the last few days and I didn't see the previous thread. Thank you. If there are any Australian followers contact Andy at [email protected]
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk