Supra 3.0 wheels on 2.0 and tire size options

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
Hi

i'm looking into buying a Supra 2.0 and I'm trying to look ahead a few things, namely winter tires for the Canadian west coast.
I can basically get Yokohama winter tires for free through a family member, unfortunately they don't carry the Supra OEM sizes in their BluEarth winter lineup so I'm thinking my other option might be buying new wheels that can fit Yoko's. If I do that, I might as well go for 19" instead of the 18" in the Supra 2.0

For what I can gather, the 2.0 comes with 18x9 (F) and 18x10 (R) wheels, while the 3.0 comes with 19x9 (F) and 19x10 (R) but in both cases the overall diameter of the tires is 26.0in Front and 26.7in Rear so I'm guessing the tire packages between models are 100% interchangeable. Is that correct?

Could I go with 265/35R19 in 19x10 wheels in all 4 wheels? The overall diameter is 26.3in
That is one size i can get in Yoko BluEarths.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Hi

i'm looking into buying a Supra 2.0 and I'm trying to look ahead a few things, namely winter tires for the Canadian west coast.
I can basically get Yokohama winter tires for free through a family member, unfortunately they don't carry the Supra OEM sizes in their BluEarth winter lineup so I'm thinking my other option might be buying new wheels that can fit Yoko's. If I do that, I might as well go for 19" instead of the 18" in the Supra 2.0

For what I can gather, the 2.0 comes with 18x9 (F) and 18x10 (R) wheels, while the 3.0 comes with 19x9 (F) and 19x10 (R) but in both cases the overall diameter of the tires is 26.0in Front and 26.7in Rear so I'm guessing the tire packages between models are 100% interchangeable. Is that correct?

Could I go with 265/35R19 in 19x10 wheels in all 4 wheels? The overall diameter is 26.3in
That is one size i can get in Yoko BluEarths.

Thanks
For winter tires you want to go smaller, not bigger. And narrower. Wide tires ride on top of the snow, skinny tires sink in and get more bite.
I would stick with 18's and go with 225 up front, and a 245 in the rear. Maybe even narrower. I'd size the wheel widths down to an 18x7.5 and 18x8.5 if you buy dedicated winter wheels.
The 2.0 has smaller brakes, so if 17's would fit, I'd get that. My winter tire of choice are Blizzaks.

OP
OP
SupraBC

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
For winter tires you want to go smaller, not bigger. And narrower. Wide tires ride on top of the snow, skinny tires sink in and get more bite.
I would stick with 18's and go with 225 up front, and a 245 in the rear. Maybe even narrower. I'd size the wheel widths down to an 18x7.5 and 18x8.5 if you buy dedicated winter wheels.
The 2.0 has smaller brakes, so if 17's would fit, I'd get that. My winter tire of choice are Blizzaks.
Thanks
I should mention that the reason why I go with the BluEarths (beside the fact I can get them for free) is because as high performance tires with 3PMS I can ride them all year long here in Vancouver as our winters are very mild. I've been doing that with my FR-S and that is my plan as well with the Supra.
For that reason I wouldn't go too small but staying with 18's sound reasonable.

Could a 245/40R18 be a good option in all 4 wheels as an all year round tire?
I assume fitting wouldn't be an issue as overall diameter is below 26in.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Thanks
I should mention that the reason why I go with the BluEarths (beside the fact I can get them for free) is because as high performance tires with 3PMS I can ride them all year long here in Vancouver as our winters are very mild. I've been doing that with my FR-S and that is my plan as well with the Supra.
For that reason I wouldn't go too small but staying with 18's sound reasonable.

Could a 245/40R18 be a good option in all 4 wheels as an all year round tire?
I assume fitting wouldn't be an issue as overall diameter is below 26in.
An FR-S isn't a Supra lol. Why would you neuter a performance car with crappy winter tires all year long? Keep the stock tires on the stock wheels and when winter comes put the second set with winters on.

OP
OP
SupraBC

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
If someone is kind enough to confirm if 245/40R18 in all four wheels will fit without causing any issues, I'd appreciate it.

gcon22

First Name
Ly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cressida
I'm curious, I know the wheel/tire widths were determined for specific power outputs, but how much of a liability is it to use 2.0 wheels on a 3.0?
Sponsored