• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Supra, Android phones and Text

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
I need to do a quick poll before making an iPhone purchase.
How many of you with an Android phone that have successfully received a text messages through your head unit while driving?
Successful text message means your phone receives a text while driving. The head unit then notifies you of incoming text, and displays it or reads it to you.

My head unit is completely silent as my phone receives incoming text messages, as if nothing was ever received. Two other Supra owners I know who have iPhones do NOT have this problem. They receive text messages through the head unit just fine (via CarPlay).

I have BimmerCode and have coded the head unit to display full text messages and all settings in System menu are set correctly.

More info: my Android OS is version 8. My son's Android OS is version 10. The Supra head unit ignores incoming text messages from both.

Thanks in advance for your input.

:what:
Sponsored

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I receive message notifications (little message icon) and can go into Messaging and read the text message. Are you at least experiencing this?

OP
OP

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
I receive message notifications (little message icon) and can go into Messaging and read the text message. Are you at least experiencing this?
I'm not even getting that experience. Text message is completely non-functional in my head unit.
What Android phone do you have? OS version?

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Galaxy S9 running Android v10. Look at your Bluetooth connection and ensure all 4 options : calls,audio,contact and message access is enabled.

Nexus90

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra A91 Edition, 19 Camry, 04 Sequoia
When you initially set up your phone with the car you need to grant it permissions to access contacts, messages, call history. You may have to remove the phone from the cars registry and do it again. It is possible to change the permissions but I don't know the menu option it would fall under. Hope this helps. I have a note 9 and galaxy s20 ultra
Sponsored