• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

So I installed android auto & apple car play on my 2.0 ltr 2021 supra

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
I'll give it another look this weekend. I couldn't find any firmware updates. I'm not a fan of the sound quality either. I may simply have a bad box. I had the same setup in my 540i and it was awesome.
Sponsored

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
@YellowJackit Just installed and have the same issue
Screenshot_20221130_222100.jpg

It looks a bit weird, but I honestly miss android auto so much that I'll probably get over it quick.

Did the manufacturer change last minute for blackfriday?

This his how the home screen looks like for reference:

Screenshot_20221130_222238.jpg

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@calmeda1

Good to know. I'll let it ride until it's time to behind the dash again. My screen is exactly the same. Looks really bad with YouTube playing!

I bought mine back in September, so I'm not sure about a potential change. I can chill on the troubleshooting now that I know I'm not alone.

Thanks for the heads up.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So unfortunately my happiness didn't last long. I was parked using AA when suddenly it crapped out and doesn't work anymore. Gonna have to remove everything again and check it out...

It connects to my phone, but when I activate the MMI, the screen goes black

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
@YellowJackit Just installed and have the same issue
Screenshot_20221130_222100.jpg

It looks a bit weird, but I honestly miss android auto so much that I'll probably get over it quick.

Did the manufacturer change last minute for blackfriday?

This his how the home screen looks like for reference:

Screenshot_20221130_222238.jpg
That looks good and the split screen is what you should expect on that size screen. The only thing off is the screen elements are slightly too small which is why the fourth row of icons is cutoff.

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
So unfortunately my happiness didn't last long. I was parked using AA when suddenly it crapped out and doesn't work anymore. Gonna have to remove everything again and check it out...

It connects to my phone, but when I activate the MMI, the screen goes black
Possibly a loose connection?

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@muniz_ri So for some reason, the screen blacks out if I use wired android auto only. I have no idea why that happens. I have to either disconnect the battery, or wait the 15 for the car to fully power off, for it to reset and let me use the MMI

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
@muniz_ri So for some reason, the screen blacks out if I use wired android auto only. I have no idea why that happens. I have to either disconnect the battery, or wait the 15 for the car to fully power off, for it to reset and let me use the MMI
My guess is bad firmware or mcu. I would contact the seller and see if they can provide updated firmware.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I just got mine, anyone here using this unit with CarPlay instead of Android Auto? I'll give the install a crack but want to know if I'll need to code or anything, following this thread it's not entirely clear about coding, is it really just plug n play?

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just got mine, anyone here using this unit with CarPlay instead of Android Auto? I'll give the install a crack but want to know if I'll need to code or anything, following this thread it's not entirely clear about coding, is it really just plug n play?
I sincerely doubt anyone will use it for CarPlay since the main issue is that only Android Auto is not supported.

It's pretty much plug and play. You'll have to disconnect a Fiber Optic cable from the big cable bundle and then reconnect it to the new bundle, and I think that's the most "complicated" part of the wiring process. Overall it's straight forward. Just use the video provided in this thread and you'll be fine! The instructions manual also helps a bit.

The most difficult thing for me was being able to fit everything back where the box goes. It took me like 30 minutes to be able to fit everything back in there. Overall the process took me like 3 hours

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
@calmeda1 I have the base, doesnā€™t have CarPlayā€¦Iā€™ll give it a go tomorrow. I guess Iā€™ll update for any other Apple guys out thereā€¦

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@calmeda1 I have the base, doesnā€™t have CarPlayā€¦Iā€™ll give it a go tomorrow. I guess Iā€™ll update for any other Apple guys out thereā€¦
Should be good to go. I just looked at the wireless CP in my car (22 Premium). Works great and looks like the OEM display. No coding was required. Took a while for the initial connection. This confirms my suspicion that something is off with my AA settings or the firmware. Had my old iPhone laying around.

IMG_20221207_212528418.jpg

IMG_20221207_212517462.jpg

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Should be good to go. I just looked at the wireless CP in my car (22 Premium). Works great and looks like the OEM display. No coding was required. Took a while for the initial connection. This confirms my suspicion that something is off with my AA settings or the firmware. Had my old iPhone laying around.

IMG_20221207_212528418.jpg

IMG_20221207_212517462.jpg
What android do you have? I have the Galaxy S21 Ultra and I read there's some unsolved issues with the AA on this phone
Sponsored