• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

So I installed android auto & apple car play on my 2.0 ltr 2021 supra

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Is there a step by step instruction on how to install it in a Supra? I don't really wanna break stuff trying to figure it out myself lol
Probably real similar to the Bimmertech one

robotvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Audi A3 quattro
What do you get extra with the Bimmertech version that's like more than double the price as opposed to the cheap Amazon version? They essentially look the same.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
As far as I can tell: the Bimmertech version provides nothing incremental. It looks entirely like a marked up version of the Amazon product.

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
Get mine installed. It works, but I need to find out how to tweak the resolution. It appears stretched a bit too much for my taste

Romin91

First Name
Romin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91-MT, 13 Sonata SE 2.4
Probably real similar to the Bimmertech one
Damn, that's alot of work I don't wanna do myself. I'm gonna hold off on this specially since the touch screen doesn't work.
I can just buy an old iphone off eBay and use the hotspot at this point.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Get mine installed. It works, but I need to find out how to tweak the resolution. It appears stretched a bit too much for my taste
This is just a wild guess, but at least with the Bimmertech box, there are some DIP switches on the back of the MMI box that are supposed to be set depending on what size your infotainment screen is. Maybe they are set for the smaller screen instead of the larger screen that is on the 3.0 Premium? You would have to remove everything to get back to the MMI box though.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Damn, that's alot of work I don't wanna do myself. I'm gonna hold off on this specially since the touch screen doesn't work.
I can just buy an old iphone off eBay and use the hotspot at this point.
Yeah, it's time consuming for sure. I was more motivated to do it because I installed my flex fuel kit at the same time. Having all that stuff in the center console removed made it real easy to route my ethanol gauge.

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
This is just a wild guess, but at least with the Bimmertech box, there are some DIP switches on the back of the MMI box that are supposed to be set depending on what size your infotainment screen is. Maybe they are set for the smaller screen instead of the larger screen that is on the 3.0 Premium? You would have to remove everything to get back to the MMI box though.
Will give this a shot. I can take it apart pretty quickly now.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Yes, it's the dip switches. They need to be set appropriately:
1 ON, 2 ON, rest OFF = 6.5" screen
1 ON, 2 ON, 3 ON, rest OFF = 8.8"/10.25" screen