Supra Clubs - Virginia/DC/Maryland

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Question for VA people:

How's the cost of living? Taxes, cost, etc. I currently live in FL, but an opportunity to move to VA (near DC) appeared. I've been here around a week and I've really enjoyed it, but I have yet to see the ugly side. What are things you like/dislike about the area?
It’s a cesspool of crime and violence. You’re better off in FL.
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Question for VA people:

How's the cost of living? Taxes, cost, etc. I currently live in FL, but an opportunity to move to VA (near DC) appeared. I've been here around a week and I've really enjoyed it, but I have yet to see the ugly side. What are things you like/dislike about the area?

One of the most expensive areas in country
Dc is crime and cess pool

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Let’s not forget that lovely personal property tax on the car. Depending on county this lovely non-depreciating Supra is almost $2000 a year.

Joker328

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Red 3.0 Premium MT
Can't imagine it being worse than FL tbh
It's not. Virginia as a state has one of the lowest crime rates in the country (much lower than Florida overall), and the counties in Nova (e.g., Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Loudon) generally have average or below average crime rates for the state overall. DC is fairly high crime overall (similar to Miami) and particularly bad in terms of murder rate, but it's mostly gang shit isolated to certain neighborhoods you would never want to drive your Supra in. I've never felt unsafe anywhere in NoVA specifically, though it also has a handful of rough neighborhoods.

Everything people are saying about cost of living and vehicle personal property tax are true though. Check out the NoVA subreddit. Every week there is someone in your shoes looking to find a decent one-bedroom apartment for $1500 a month and a bunch of locals laughing at them. Make sure you are getting a significant bump in pay if you want to maintain the same living standards.

REDDZ

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, TSX Wagon, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser
I'm new to the group! I have had my Supra for a few months now and was interested in finding a Mid-Atlantic group/club. I am located in Quantico, VA. I didn't see much traction in getting an official group organized..maybe I missed it so please don't tar and feather me. So I decided to take a shot and see what I can do. I would like to invite you all if interested to this Veterans Day Event on Nov. 11th (see below).

The event is hosted by Tango Mike Professional Auto Detailing. I'm not trying to sell you a service. I just would like to invite you all to come out. I can work with the owner for parking depending on how many may attend.

(1) Facebook - TM Tango Mike Professional Auto Detailing

Event - East Coast Baggers - Nov. 11th - 3:00-6:00 - Motorcycle Showing & "Sound-Off" Competition

Last edited:

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm new to the group! I have had my Supra for a few months now and was interested in finding a Mid-Atlantic group/club. I am located in Quantico, VA. I didn't see much traction in getting an official group organized..maybe I missed it so please don't tar and feather me. So I decided to take a shot and see what I can do. I would like to invite you all if interested to this Veterans Day Event on Nov. 11th (see below).

The event is hosted by Tango Mike Professional Auto Detailing. I'm not trying to sell you a service. I just would like to invite you all to come out. I can work with the owner for parking depending on how many may attend.

Event - East Coast Baggers - Nov. 11th - 3:00-6:00 - Motorcycle Showing & "Sound-Off" Competition

View attachment 107008

I work in Quantico. There are several mid atlantic supra groups on FB, discord, several go to a lot of shows around. I have been to tango mikes last year but not this year. Detail garage in Fredericksburg that usually has 2-3 Supras Be at least 3 Supra s tracking at Summit Point this weekend. I am at tracks more than shows but usually around f-burg area.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the info and nice videos. I'll check out some of the FB groups. I have to be honest that I haven't really looked. I'm usually at TM on the weekends. I checked Summit Point calendar....are you attending the Oktoberfest ( Riesentöter Region: Porsche Club of America - Calendar (rtr-pca.org) ?
I am on Jefferson track friday with FATT group and then doing SCCA time trials Sat on Jefferson again.
Summit has 3 tracks Jefferson is weirdly the least used.

Drew25

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Im interested im this. Been trying to joing a group or club. I got to a lot of the Car and Cigars shows and some other shows. Be better to be part of a group or club.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Season is winding down.... we are still running

Dominion Raceway has a Member/Club day this Sunday with a twist. The circle track Legends car series is having several races. We get to run for fun in between races. All are welcome

Nov 11/12 weekend NASA is having very large event at Summit Main. It is one of the free GR days so lots of Toyotas and Supras signed up... will be fun in the paddocks between sessions and events.

Joker328

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Red 3.0 Premium MT
Season is winding down.... we are still running

Dominion Raceway has a Member/Club day this Sunday with a twist. The circle track Legends car series is having several races. We get to run for fun in between races. All are welcome

Nov 11/12 weekend NASA is having very large event at Summit Main. It is one of the free GR days so lots of Toyotas and Supras signed up... will be fun in the paddocks between sessions and events.
I'll be at the NASA event at Summit Point this weekend. Technically not part of the GR group as I already used my freebie, but I'll be running with them (and all the GR86/Corolla traffic) in HPDE1. Red car #84 if anyone wants to come say hi.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll be at the NASA event at Summit Point this weekend. Technically not part of the GR group as I already used my freebie, but I'll be running with them (and all the GR86/Corolla traffic) in HPDE1. Red car #84 if anyone wants to come say hi.
Cool
Let me know if you need any help tricks for Summit. My car is hard to miss

IMG_4204.jpeg
Sponsored