Supra Connect not working?

syndragore

First Name
Amitoj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey all, just purchased a new 22 Supra 3.0 Premium this past week and I've been trying to set up the Supra Connect app. I created my account fine but once I log into the portal it throws a 500 error and I'm unable to access the page to add my VIN. In the mobile app I just get an error message saying the service is unavailable.

Is anyone else running into this? Is this something that's happened in the past with an expected ETA on a fix?
Sponsored

waagwan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium Red, 2006 Lexus GX470
I ran into something similar, I had to call the number in the app and the person on the line was able to do something on the backend to resolve this.

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
Iā€™m also getting the same error message in the app.

Is the only resolution to call the customer service number?

1D850FAA-03B7-40C2-B59D-81C7C713D04F.jpeg

OP
OP
syndragore

syndragore

First Name
Amitoj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Iā€™m also getting the same error message in the app.

Is the only resolution to call the customer service number?

1D850FAA-03B7-40C2-B59D-81C7C713D04F.jpeg
Actually, I ended up deleting and reinstalling the iPhone app, and it worked then after I logged back in. Give that a shot and if it still doesn't work I'd suggest calling the number!

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Actually, I ended up deleting and reinstalling the iPhone app, and it worked then after I logged back in. Give that a shot and if it still doesn't work I'd suggest calling the number!
So I tried that but still got the same message. I then tried calling the number and the first person I talked to was useless so I called back again. The second person I talked to asked for the last 7 digits of my VIN. Once pulled they said that VIN is registered to some other 2022 Toyota that isnā€™t even a Supra? And the name under it is listed as ā€œDefault Customerā€?? Iā€™m so confused. They said I would need to register the carā€™s VIN in my name in the Supra Connect app, which I told her I couldnā€™t do because of the error message so then she told me to contact my dealer.

I feel like Iā€™m just going in circles at this point. I texted my sales person and am awaiting a response, but my guess is that they wonā€™t know whatā€™s going on either. Anyone have a similar issue?

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I tried that but still got the same message. I then tried calling the number and the first person I talked to was useless so I called back again. The second person I talked to asked for the last 7 digits of my VIN. Once pulled they said that VIN is registered to some other 2022 Toyota that isnā€™t even a Supra? And the name under it is listed as ā€œDefault Customerā€?? Iā€™m so confused. They said I would need to register the carā€™s VIN in my name in the Supra Connect app, which I told her I couldnā€™t do because of the error message so then she told me to contact my dealer.

I feel like Iā€™m just going in circles at this point. I texted my sales person and am awaiting a response, but my guess is that they wonā€™t know whatā€™s going on either. Anyone have a similar issue?
I did some more digging. I created a separate Toyota ID using a different email. Then tried inputting my VIN again and this time it let me add it to my account. Super weird. The car that shows up says ā€œ2022 Toyota Supra SPX 40iā€, which the latter part is what matches to what the customer service rep told me over the phone. I look it up and apparently SPX 40i has to do with some BMW model code.

Iā€™m not sure what the issue was with the original Toyota ID account I created and why it wouldnā€™t let me add my VIN, but just wanted to put this out there for anyone else that might run into this issue.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I did some more digging. I created a separate Toyota ID using a different email. Then tried inputting my VIN again and this time it let me add it to my account. Super weird. The car that shows up says ā€œ2022 Toyota Supra SPX 40iā€, which the latter part is what matches to what the customer service rep told me over the phone. I look it up and apparently SPX 40i has to do with some BMW model code.

Iā€™m not sure what the issue was with the original Toyota ID account I created and why it wouldnā€™t let me add my VIN, but just wanted to put this out there for anyone else that might run into this issue.
The app is made by BMW of course the model code would be what's used in their systems.

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The app is made by BMW of course the model code would be what's used in their systems.
Yeah it 100% makes sense, I just wasnā€™t aware what that code meant and apparently neither did Toyota Supra customer service when I called them. The issue ultimately lies with the original Toyota ID I made, so not entirely sure what happened there and why it wouldnā€™t let me register the VIN to it, but oh well.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I had the same issue, but after a few months, it resolved itself. Haven't touched the app since. Not much to do on it.

WillieGSTi

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91 CF Edition Phantom Gray, Rubicon CU Gray

I experiencing same issues with my A91.

Hurst77

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
The app is a joke
Nissan Connect and even the Ford app has much better capabilities
Pretty sad for such an expensive car

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
The app is a joke
Nissan Connect and even the Ford app has much better capabilities
Pretty sad for such an expensive car
Iā€™m good with the app not having many functions/capabilities considering how much the car itself has built into it. Honestly for itā€™s price point, it has a lot to offer when compared to others in its range and I buy my cars for their use, not an app on my phone
Sponsored