Supra Gas Cap Covers

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I got mine, With the tape ready to go, it didn't stick. Neither the tape in the center or the two pieces on the side made good contact. I had to apply extra tape to the side pieces, putting one layer on top of the pieces stuck in there (yes I took off the protective cover of the sticky surface of all three pieces but nothing made good contact, no matter how hard I pushed). I was disappointed by that but it is fine now, with more tape on the sides. I am surprised no one has brought this up.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
I got mine, With the tape ready to go, it didn't stick. Neither the tape in the center or the two pieces on the side made good contact. I had to apply extra tape to the side pieces, putting one layer on top of the pieces stuck in there (yes I took off the protective cover of the sticky surface of all three pieces but nothing made good contact, no matter how hard I pushed). I was disappointed by that but it is fine now, with more tape on the sides. I am surprised no one has brought this up.
thatā€™s really interesting, we never had any issues during testing and no one has mentioned this before. Thank you for letting us know.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
thatā€™s really interesting, we never had any issues during testing and no one has mentioned this before. Thank you for letting us know.
Yes, seems odd. My cap is stock and a normal Supra cap but no solid contact was made.

I can't imagine no one else has had an issue.

Last edited:

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Plans of doing an oil cap? (If it hasnā€™t already been addressed.) Personally Iā€™d like one that looks, literally, exactly like the stock cap just in metal.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Plans of doing an oil cap? (If it hasnā€™t already been addressed.) Personally Iā€™d like one that looks, literally, exactly like the stock cap just in metal.
We had plans with coming out with a full cap set for the engine bay but we have other products in development that is taking up all of our time currently.

if thereā€™s enough interest we could probably do it.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Yes, seems odd. My cap is stock and a normal Supra cap but no solid contact was made.

I can't imagine no one else has had an issue.
~ no issues here installing mine.
Sponsored