Supra Star Motorsport Carbon Fiber Hood Vents

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
The mesh on mine is beginning to detach from the vent and sag, going to try and apply a little super glue on it and use needle nose pliers to pull it back up so it can stick to the vent :p

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase
The mesh on mine is beginning to detach from the vent and sag, going to try and apply a little super glue on it and use needle nose pliers to pull it back up so it can stick to the vent :p
How long have you had them on and under what conditions?

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
How long have you had them on and under what conditions?
Only had them for a month. No garage tho, driving several times a week. Not a huge deal i can fix it

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
There i
Only had them for a month. No garage tho, driving several times a week. Not a huge deal i can fix it
There is a thread on here somewhere where an owner bought some stainless screen from Amazon and replaced the plastic mesh. I just installed my carbon vents so I'll be keeping an eye on the mesh. Thanks for the heads up.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
There i

There is a thread on here somewhere where an owner bought some stainless screen from Amazon and replaced the plastic mesh. I just installed my carbon vents so I'll be keeping an eye on the mesh. Thanks for the heads up.
No problem, i think once i apply some glue it will be solid, donā€™t really feel like taking them off risking cracking the thin carbon and having to source new 3m adhesive not to mention new mesh

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Are all of the carbon fiber hood vents without the mesh opening an overlay stick on?!?

Iā€™m looking for a full replacement in CF but without the opening.

028BBF32-2FB4-4829-AD8A-0EF69ED36639.jpeg

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
There i

yeah Iā€™ll be watching mine and replacing the cheap plastic w metal and a stronger epoxy. I canā€™t imagine the plastic and super glue holding up for more than a couple car washes.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
So these are just cosmetic? I think if you pop the hood, there is no open connection to the engine bay, so what is the benefit for cooling? Also, will water then collect in the inside of the hood?
To be honest, after looking at the hood, i don't think any damage would occur. The main concern would be rust but between the double layered hood, it looks to be painted. At the very least, all panels should be e-coated. Also, the hood is aluminum as well. Other risk factors would be debris getting inside. I'm sure if you get a can of compressed air and blow through the channel, you can clear out debris.

On that note... if you want to see if the vent is functional, you should blow compressed air through some of those holes on the underside of the hood and see if you can feel air coming out through the vent. Sure its not a thermal test but that should confirm if air is flowing through the vent. Why have we not though of doing this? I better make a youtube video on this!

As for water getting in through the vent and in to the engine bay? That's a possibility but it may just drain in one of the "holes" that lead to the side plastic trim which is where you would want it to go.

Awesome! Feel free to PM me and we can discuss pricing! Thanks!!

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So these are just cosmetic? I think if you pop the hood, there is no open connection to the engine bay, so what is the benefit for cooling? Also, will water then collect in the inside of the hood?
Here is a totally unscientific test from CO a couple of weeks ago. Drove the car for 15 mins and the snow over the vents melted off before anyplace else ??ā€ā™‚

Attachments

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Here is a totally unscientific test from CO a couple of weeks ago. Drove the car for 15 mins and the snow over the vents melted off before anyplace else ??ā€ā™‚
I noticed that if I held over my hand over the opening I could feel the heat radiating from there. I know, total science here. I think the maker of these posted a video somewhere that supposedly it does pull air from under the hood via some distant hole under the hood but in my opinion even if it does its negligible. This mod is for looks and it surely looks fine.

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed that if I held over my hand over the opening I could feel the heat radiating from there. I know, total science here. I think the maker of these posted a video somewhere that supposedly it does pull air from under the hood via some distant hole under the hood but in my opinion even if it does its negligible. This mod is for looks and it surely looks fine.
Tru dat. They do look good!

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95' Supra, '15 Maserati, '98 Skyline, '15 Mustang, M5
People rushing to buy anything CF
I dont get it, this is just cosmetic visual mod, so you changing a fake vent, with more expensive fake vent?
At least the oem vent is closed for a reason to prevent water and rust.
With all respect, if you want to spend, spend on full carbon real vented hood, save your money.

SupraMK86

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 3.0 Premium
People rushing to buy anything CF
I dont get it, this is just cosmetic visual mod, so you changing a fake vent, with more expensive fake vent?
At least the oem vent is closed for a reason to prevent water and rust.
With all respect, if you want to spend, spend on full carbon real vented hood, save your money.
Cool bro.
Sponsored