Supra Star Motorsport Carbon Fiber Hood Vents

Rob_Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra Refraction Blue
Hello Everyone,

Installed my Supra Star Motorsport Carbon Fiber Hood Vents and noticed not a lot of information is out for them.

They look pretty good, the carbon fiber didn't have any defects which was nice. They attach via 3M (Comes with the 3M pre-applied).

Any water that goes into them drains out through the numerous holes under the hood.

I do think it is a BIG upgrade from the stock vent covers.

IMG_6485.JPG

Sponsored

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hello Everyone,

Installed my Supra Star Motorsport Carbon Fiber Hood Vents and noticed not a lot of information is out for them.

They look pretty good, the carbon fiber didn't have any defects which was nice. They attach via 3M (Comes with the 3M pre-applied).

Any water that goes into them drains out through the numerous holes under the hood.

I do think it is a BIG upgrade from the stock vent covers.

IMG_6485.JPG

Love these. Buying them as soon as they're back in stock!

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I asked for that, still waiting for a response from them. But i definitely am getting myself one of these too.

Irulea2

First Name
Ayrula
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 premium
I just received mine, they offer both glossy and Matte, just specify in the comments section when ordering.

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
I love them, that little bit classes up the car so much compared to the flat plastic crap.

Attachments

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
Wish it came in black plastic just like the OEM one
If you mean "black plastic like OEM, but with open mesh screen" ... you could make them yourself by cutting away the OEM solid plastic fake mesh, and gluing on some actual mesh. But it would still be non-functional, and look like black plastic. :hmm: If you want a visual upgrade, carbon fiber is the way to go.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I doubt it will happen, but it would be interesting if somebody somewhere collected data on whether or not there is a measure able affect on engine temps (and how much). I know that’s not necessarily a reason why folks buy these, but would be interesting.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt it will happen, but it would be interesting if somebody somewhere collected data on whether or not there is a measure able affect on engine temps (and how much). I know that’s not necessarily a reason why folks buy these, but would be interesting.
I bought temp probes and everything to do this, just didn't get the time. I'll try do it soon for y'all!

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I'm sure at freeway speed, that vent does expel a little bit of heat, nothing super significant. People though that the RX8 vents didn't do anything until someone hit the freeway with a thermal camera and saw heat coming out of the vent.

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
In for temp readings too
Sponsored