SupraMKV's Latest Toyota Supra Renderings With Production Wheels and Bits

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
shoulda kept her so you can build the real supra successor yourself by throwing a 2jz in there after this new "supra" disappoints us :headbang:lol i am happy to be blown away/wrong about this whole BMW/Toyota project so I'm holding my breath..still not happy that toyota spends their own time and money to make the LC 500 (and potentially LC F) as amazing as they are but yet they want to save money on their halo car by paying a rival to give us a watered down body kit on a german car
you would think it would be cheaper to reskin the RC or LC to make it look like the FT1. the only reason i can think of for Toyota to turn to BMW is that they wanted something more lighter and sportier rather than a bloated luxury cruiser.
Sponsored

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Although a rumor, isn't Nissan gonna put it's turboed V6 from the infiniti Q60 into it's new Z? Why shouldn't Toyota do the same with its turboed V6 and new Supra?
this is a bit different, especially price point wise..regardless, I'm not saying this won't happen, I'm with you...the 3.5 TT is currently the most likely candidate but the trade off being this might be more expensive than what we initially thought. how low of a price will toyota put 415 hp/442 lb-ft for us?

you would think it would be cheaper to reskin the RC or LC to make it look like the FT1. the only reason i can think of for Toyota to turn to BMW is that they wanted something more lighter and sportier rather than a bloated luxury cruiser.
lighter & sportier? are we talking about bmws from the 90s or 2010s? guess toyota has poor credentials & history with building great chassis :( funny how honda can do things on their own

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
lighter & sportier? are we talking about bmws from the 90s or 2010s? guess toyota has poor credentials & history with building great chassis :( funny how honda can do things on their own
not saying they are light as they use to be but for example the M4 comes in at 3,565lbs vs 3,958lbs for the RCF. even the new base G11 is about 200-300lbs lighter than the F01. yup, but it starts at $156k and not many people are biting.

Last edited:

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The way I look at it, yes Toyota has the engineering + money to do it all themselves. I think with many of the earlier rumors of this car may have been true to were it was intended to be more like the BRZ/FRS/86 project car with a different exterior + interior. Somewhere along the line maybe with the help of our community/and Toyota purist out there helped change their plans to put it's own power plant in the car. After all Toyota does have eyes on forums like this and supraforums to see what the consumers want once they've approved to start building this car.

Why did Toyota agree to the joint venture? I think it was one way of Aikio getting the rest of the board members on board in agreeing to spending 'some' money on a sports car. It was not too long ago when one of the US CEO Jim Lentz shared his opinions on Aikio's sports car vision. He was leaning towards all that matters is sales and wasn't really behind the sports car idea. I'm sure other Toyota executives felt that way for many years and held this type of project from coming to life.

Benefits? We'll see. Hopefully this allows them to provide a type of car that is the best bang for your buck. I'm ok with it sharing the platform + suspension components + transmissions. Everything else I hope is all Toyota and I'd be ok with that so long as the price tag reflects it. If they're asking north of $70k+ then Toyota should've built it themselves.

The new render is nice. But I think the front will end up being a tad bit more aggressive and side scoops added which might be closer to the new NSX but lower.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Crappy paint job, but here is how a vent/scoop could look like. The MK4 and LC were used inspiration.

supra-whiteairventnewlargerventslinesthinernose.jpg

Last edited:

Stanri010

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS300
this is a bit different, especially price point wise..regardless, I'm not saying this won't happen, I'm with you...the 3.5 TT is currently the most likely candidate but the trade off being this might be more expensive than what we initially thought. how low of a price will toyota put 415 hp/442 lb-ft for us?
Again, I'd like to see a perhaps a 40K 2 liter turbo I4 engine and then maybe a 55K 3.5L V6TT. Charge the premium on the 3.5L TT but by all means give it to us so that those of us who want it can have it. Besides, it's almost guaranteed that BMW is going to put out a ~400 HP version of their car so most likely the Supra will be built to handle that kind of power as well. All they need to do is to adapt an engine that fits into the car. A 3.5L V6 TT fits that biill.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Again, I'd like to see a perhaps a 40K 2 liter turbo I4 engine and then maybe a 55K 3.5L V6TT. Charge the premium on the 3.5L TT but by all means give it to us so that those of us who want it can have it. Besides, it's almost guaranteed that BMW is going to put out a ~400 HP version of their car so most likely the Supra will be built to handle that kind of power as well. All they need to do is to adapt an engine that fits into the car. A 3.5L V6 TT fits that biill.
we'll see...the current Z4 starts at $49 K for the 2.0 turbo and the 335 HP version starts at $66 K and we can bet that it will only go up in price for the new gen. Arguably I don't think BMW will want to make the Supra too much of a bargain between the two models

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
On all those renders the roof skin looks bloated and fat - if you thin that down a bit it would look more natural, and hopefully closer to real deal.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
On all those renders the roof skin looks bloated and fat - if you thin that down a bit it would look more natural, and hopefully closer to real deal.
but it takes the profile from the mule pics lol...the real thing so far is indeed tall and bloated

Sun Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
current: 2016 Audi A7 . Past: 996TT,997cab, 997TT, R8 V10, 13 FR-S
we'll see...the current Z4 starts at $49 K for the 2.0 turbo and the 335 HP version starts at $66 K and we can bet that it will only go up in price for the new gen. Arguably I don't think BMW will want to make the Supra too much of a bargain between the two models

I can't see any cross shopping between buyers looking at a toyota product vs. a bmw product. Does BMW have any say in pricing?

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
agreed, but the concept has a pretty thick roof as well. i would say the fenders are a little high on the render and prototype, but that could be due to faux shaping to disguise the real design.

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-rear-three-quarters-view.jpg

supra-white2-drop.jpg

Last edited:

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can't see any cross shopping between buyers looking at a toyota product vs. a bmw product. Does BMW have any say in pricing?
Maybe not for these 2 specific vehicles, but I can see where maybe some M3/M4 guys would look at Toyota's car if it's awesome. I was looking at the prices for the 1996-2002 BMW Z3 and they were selling for $29-$42k+. The last Supra base + Turbo model were averaging those same prices. So I think each car is meant for a different target group so the prices may be close.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
..so you don't think a BMW chassis with a Toyota body kit + powertrain without the BMW premium prices would be able to steal some potential buyers looking at the M2/M4?

This will also most likely have many of same quirks and dilemmas that Toyota & Subaru encountered with the 86 as far as how they determine what type of upgrades the car gets.

Nadeshot!

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My trusty Jeep
agreed, but the concept has a pretty thick roof as well. i would say the fenders are a little high on the render and prototype, but that could be due to faux shaping to disguise the real design.

toyota-ft-1-concept-rear-three-quarters-view-jpg.jpg

supra-white2-drop-jpg.jpg
I didn't realize how close the rendering based on the prototype is compared to the FT-1 concept until seeing your post. They definitely maintained the overall feel and look of the rear 3/4 view!

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
I didn't realize how close the rendering based on the prototype is compared to the FT-1 concept until seeing your post. They definitely maintained the overall feel and look of the rear 3/4 view!
i think the prototype nails it with the rear and side profile. but a lot of people are having a hard time seeing FT1 from the front of the mule.

Sponsored

Last edited: