SupraMKV's Latest Toyota Supra Renderings With Production Wheels and Bits

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Cool renders, I feel like this car looks so much better from the back than it does from the front.
+1. Not a fan of the black A pillars that give the roof a weirdly detached look, but I doubt those will be on the production car.

And those headlights aren't attractive. If you consider sports cars most people find beautiful like the 911 or the Astons, they all have great looking headlights. Even the Corvette's front lighting is better.
Sponsored

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
+1. Not a fan of the black A pillars that give the roof a weirdly detached look, but I doubt those will be on the production car.

And those headlights aren't attractive. If you consider sports cars most people find beautiful like the 911 or the Astons, they all have great looking headlights. Even the Corvette's front lighting is better.
hmm? both the blacked out A pillars and headlight shape were features directly from the FT1.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Lots of things on the FT1 that were unconventional don't appear on the prototypes. Blacked-out A pillars are not conventional either, so there is some likelihood they will not be there when the wrap comes off.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Lots of things on the FT1 that were unconventional don't appear on the prototypes. Blacked-out A pillars are not conventional either, so there is some likelihood they will not be there when the wrap comes off.
Perhaps but I'm not sure what you describe would be considered unconventional especially if you look at plenty of other Toyota designs...Toyota has done the black A pillar on the tC, xB and now it is coming back in full force on the new Camry, Corolla & RAV4. Plus, both design cues you're referring to have essentially been confirmed on the GR Supra Concept, so it is pretty late now..

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Perhaps but I'm not sure what you describe would be considered unconventional especially if you look at plenty of other Toyota designs...Toyota has done the black A pillar on the tC, xB and now it is coming back in full force on the new Camry, Corolla & RAV4. Plus, both design cues you're referring to have essentially been confirmed on the GR Supra Concept, so it is pretty late now..
I wasn't aware Toyota was making blacked out A pillars a feature these days - Toyota's styling has been so poor recently I haven't given it any attention (except for the 86, and look what they did to that with the refresh). So you're probably right, the Supra will likely have them too.

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
2000GT had blacked out A pillars too
Yes and no - the pillars have a substantial chrome strip overlay running their full length so even though the pillars are black the roof doesn't look like it's floating.

That car still looks incredible, no surprise that they cost a fortune.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When the designer's designed the FT-1 they did it with the intention of the car having 'wrap around glass' which I'm assuming will be passed on to the Supra production car. The R35 has this.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Maybe it will work, as I said some cars look so much better IRL. I did not like the looks of the Miata RF at all until I saw it at a dealer.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
And im praying the side vent looks more like this...

Toyota-FT-1-front-three-quarter-03.jpg
The FT-1 looks so good....the low roof line and long wheel-base stance/appearance makes it look more like a Supra than the short stubby look of the prototype mules.
Sponsored