Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Hey all,

So I've been asked a few times if there will be a 2024 "event". I've been a bit preoccupied with my track-days organization, so honestly this has not been a priority.
But I've got some free time today to set some foundation if people wanted to plan a get together. Unfortunately this forum does not allow members to add to the poll, so I can only work with what information I believe would be good.

That being said, I've created a facebook group if you wish to join to promote further conversation surrounding planning.
www.facebook.com/groups/suprasvsdragon/

The dates selected is based off my personal availability surrounding my existing track day schedule. So I apologize if it seems biased. Further conversation can take place in the facebook group should you choose to.

Last year in 2023 My friend Wade and David approached me for support on hosting this gettogether since I do enjoy event planning. We had ~30+ MKVs show up! I've since attended a few other "catered" events and have learned a thing or two about organized drives. So hopefully 2024 will be a bit better.

Tail of the Dragon doesn't have a current 2024 calendar so I cannot check what events are scheduled when. April - May will have construction possibly (although DOT doesn't have an exact date just yet) and I just know that May is a very busy month and the only available weekend at the host location (129 Hub) is Memorial day weekend and it'll be packed with Harleys.
Sponsored

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
probably can't attend this year but will pay for a t-shirt if one is made!

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
It's better in the Fall TBH, less motor cycles and not as hot and humid with less chance of rain.
I go a few times per year since it's only about 4.5 hours away.

They are re-paving it in the summer as well, but the dates won't be known until March at least.

OP
OP
Rensuhlo

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
It's better in the Fall TBH, less motor cycles and not as hot and humid with less chance of rain.
I go a few times per year since it's only about 4.5 hours away.

They are re-paving it in the summer as well, but the dates won't be known until March at least.
In the fall I focus on Tougefest.

CFactor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Definitely interested - can only make it over a weekend though

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
Iā€™m scheduled off all of those weekends, thankfully. Located due south of Cincinnati and willing to house a couple of you nerds if you require an overnight either leg of the trip.

Feldro

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Premium A90 MT
Iā€™d be available any of these date ranges and look forward to attending.

OP
OP
Rensuhlo

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
There is a June 23th club member day at my track 6/23 I could get you on track and or at least parade laps and photo ops
track is not toooo far away in Thornburg, VA
Great post but how is that relevant to this topic, Billy?

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
Mvading the Dragon is June 21-23, and they invite Supras to their event as well.

OP
OP
Rensuhlo

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Mvading the Dragon is June 21-23, and they invite Supras to their event as well.
Mvading requires a certain $$ buy-in to be included in their festivites. If the masses want to do this, I'm all for it.

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
The parkway is a better drive. Starting in Pigeon Forge all the way to the dragon is super scenic. If we did this all the way to the foot of the dragon, Iā€™d probably turn around there. The dragons great, but it gets a little wild to me when I try to feel the power of the car.

IMG_4899.jpeg

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4855.jpeg

IMG_4856.jpeg
Sponsored