TE37 in A90 fitment

softmando

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2021 Toyota Supra
What lug nuts and or stud conversion kits are you guys running. Recently purchased a set of TE’s and was wondering whats out there. Thanks!

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
I saw this on the fb page lol
I got a laugh.
This reminds me of the motegi mr-7 wheels when I was in high school. I really do like the te-37 wheels, but since lots of supras have them I have just stayed stock.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
This reminds me of the motegi mr-7 wheels when I was in high school. I really do like the te-37 wheels, but since lots of supras have them I have just stayed stock.
MOTEGI WAS ALOT CHEAPER

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
Question for those running these wheels... are you guys using the hubcentric rings? I've been chasing a slight vibration/shimmy in the steering wheel at certain speeds ever since mounting them (without & with the rings). Had the wheels balanced twice and two different alignments which helped some but not completely. After doing some research, since these wheels are lug centric they should be done with a proper lug centric adapter and I don't think that was done, or at least I'm not sure. I also have 10 weights on the rear left wheel and only between 3-5 weights on the rest of the wheels, so I guess that's a potential problem as well.

Do any of you have this issue and if not do you know if your balance was done with the proper lug centric adapter? This is a really annoying issue so any insight would be appreciated. PFA

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
depending on which te37's you are running. The te37SL has a bigger bore than what the Supra has and it technically needs hub rings. I did not run any but tq'ed the wheels equally off of the ground and did not have any issues at all...

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
depending on which te37's you are running. The te37SL has a bigger bore than what the Supra has and it technically needs hub rings. I did not run any but tq'ed the wheels equally off of the ground and did not have any issues at all...
Do you know if yours were balanced with a lug centric adapter? I think that is the key...

Like so:

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My buddy did it at discount tire. Not sure
OK. That's where it was done the first time for me as well. They do have the Hunter road force balancers, but I don't think they typically use the Haweka adapters.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
OK. That's where it was done the first time for me as well. They do have the Hunter road force balancers, but I don't think they typically use the Haweka adapters.
I will ask, give me a few days. Which te37’s are you running?

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Been sitting in a local Toyota stealership for about an hour and twenty minutes. They do have the proper lug centric adapters for their road force balancers, but they said it takes them an hour and a half to do it and are charging me $150. :rolleyes:

Typical stealership practice but I want it done right so we'll see how it goes. I called about 10 other shops this morning and none of them even seem to know what a lug centric adapter is. ?‍♂

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Volk racing te37SL’s and Toyota dealership should never be in the same sentence. Lol
I agree, but nobody else has the lug centric adapter except the dealership...

At the end of the day, it's just a lug centric wheel and many of Toyota's cars come with lug centric wheels from factory, so they should know how to do it right. It's the same process regardless of the wheel brand.
Sponsored