Test Drives?

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
Did any of you get to test drive a Supra before buying? I know some dealerships are real picky on test drives for cars like this. I'm cross shopping some cars and it would sure be nice to actually drive these. I'm guessing some of you all have bought some nice rides over the years from dealerships. I've checked Turo and such but no luck.
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Toyota of Manhattan wouldn't let me even sit in it. Other dealers didn't have a problem with me sitting in it or test driving it. Needless to say I'll never buy anything from Toyota of Manhattan. :dunno:

Midlifecrisis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium - White
I was able to test drive. What really blew me away was that bc of the damn virus, I was allowed to take it without the salesman! He just recommended a route, pulled it around and handed me the keys.

KellyJoe

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Test drove my '21 purchased back on the 3rd but drove two hours to get there so they knew they had me... :D

SneakyPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
This week I asked three dealers for a test drive.

First one required an application for financing before test driving. The second was for a used model and they flat out said no. Third one said sure thing and handed me the keys and told me to go have fun around town.

I then purchased the car after the test drive. :D

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Not many dealerships here in the Dallas area had any in stock, but I found one on Turo and rented it for two days. Drove it on an open highway, then got stuck in traffic, took a few detours and ran a couple of errands both day and night. That was convincing enough for me to buy mine.

On a side note, I totally recommend Turo prior to purchasing a your next car. Even if it means going out of your way. A couple hundred bucks is well worth it rather than having that "I wish I knew..." feeling later. Besides, a full day or two (or more) is way more of a "test drive" than most dealerships' round-the-block with your high-school-drivers-ed-teacher-like salesman in the passenger seat. :thumbsup:

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I had no problems at all, dealerships almost seemed eager to let me. I drove 2 different Supra's from two different dealerships with 0 issues. 1st test drive was with the GM of the dealership the 2nd was alone (with GF). I would suggest calling and making an appointment to test drive beforehand, it kind of lets them know you are pretty serious about it.

SteveW

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
When I went to buy mine back in February they wouldn't let me test drive one (the only one they had) when I walked in and asked. My salesman later pointed out that if they did that then every teenager with a license would come in and tear up the cars. Instead that first day I only got to take a look at it and sit in it (they only get one at a time, and they keep them roped off in the showroom).

I called back a couple days later (after clearing the potential purchase with my wife), and told the salesman that I would have to drive it first. He said they would discuss the lease and/or finance costs with me first, and if I agreed to those then they would let me drive it. I went in that evening with my son (he's 11) to make sure he could safely sit in the front seat. After confirming that, the salesman and I went for a drive while my son hung out in the waiting area and watched TV. lol After the test drive I agreed to buy the car, and went back a few days later to seal the deal.

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Maybe owners can charge $100 for a 15 min test drive. LOL
Sponsored