The 2021 News Really Bums Me Out / Buyer's Remorse

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
No remorse whatsoever on my LE. Was bummed out that I could not get mine on July 22 when it was supposed to be at the dealer. Had to poke corporate to get a different LE in late September. My original LE was not released from hold till January 2020 - ouch.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
No remorse whatsoever on my LE. Was bummed out that I could not get mine on July 22 when it was supposed to be at the dealer. Had to poke corporate to get a different LE in late September. My original LE was not released from hold till January 2021 - ouch.
Jan 2021?

CJ-

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra LE
No remorse. I have the red interior I wanted which was one of the main things I cared about. Even though my car was delayed, I have been able to drive it. The 2021 sounds nice in terms of the chassis adjustments, but if I were to always “wait a year” for something “better”, I would never buy/enjoy anything!

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Call me a cynic, but I don't see any reason to care regardless. If the next batch proves to be significantly more reliable, with fewer problems out the door - and if the price drops... OK, then I'll be a little bitter. I'll be amazed considering the state of the world and the economic outlook, if that really did happen.

I might be in the minority, but I don't feel particularly "power starved" in my 2020. More like "opportunity starved" to even use half of the power I've got during my commute - it's usually 10 seconds of fun followed by 20 minutes of traffic.

Nc1dent

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hey mods, it isn't buyers remorse. That isn't the point. If you're going to ignore every request to remove this post, ban me you stupid pricks. Fuck you.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Did they edit the title or something?
looks like.

------------

On power, yesterday I put the pedal down, after thinking I would like 50 or more horsepower, lost a little traction and realized, if I were towing, more power would be nice, or truly racing, but for day to day and some nice curvy roads, both the suspension and power are just fine. :^)

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
looks like.

------------

On power, yesterday I put the pedal down, after thinking I would like 50 or more horsepower, lost a little traction and realized, if I were towing, more power would be nice, or truly racing, but for day to day and some nice curvy roads, both the suspension and power are just fine. :^)
What you're describing is torque. Which largely stays the same.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Hey mods, it isn't buyers remorse. That isn't the point. If you're going to ignore every request to remove this post, ban me you stupid pricks. Fuck you.
You never sent me any request. I would have gladly had a discussion with you. Regardless, wish granted.

I think they merged two threads together.
Correct! My reasoning was do we really need 5 threads of 2020 owners basically discussing the same topic, but just slightly re-worded.

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
Everyone is making a big deal out of nothing. A downpipe and a tune is going to make the same power as the current used B58 in the supra. they are basically reverting to the same setup as prior B58s. its not a new engine. Its a different head and lower compression pistons.

Neither is better or worse than the other. The power increase is a tune change, and just more boost up top than the current stock tune. Torque is virtually the same. And to my knowledge, they are only making 1000 of them. there arent any benefits to reap from the "A91". Same ECU, same turbo, same bottom end. Just a head change with the 6 port manifold thats on the rest of the B58s.
Agree. Wait to see the price of the A91 before ya'll get all depressed.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I don't know whether to try and sell now and go a different way or just accept the fact that I own the worst version of the MK5.

I think it's especially bad to do this to a brand new car after the first year. It isn't as if we can reap the benefits of the 21's with a tune. A downpipe and tune is going to take them a lot further. It is also going to steer the aftermarket away from us, 5-6 years on B58D's vs 1 on the B58C.

It's just by far the most severe buyer's remorse I've ever had. And for it to be over a car I loved as a car guy is even more brutal.

Are there any positives for current owners here that I'm missing?
IllegalWhisperedGalah-small.gif
Sponsored