tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Woah, the 2021 will be stiffer?! I could have sworn that interview with the chief engineer where he said the 2021 will be more compliant with daily driving. I guess I switched them up. So 2021 will be stiffer, more power - aka more track oriented?
Yes, the 2021 is more track focused with respect to suspension...The 2020 was designed with more ride comfort in mind...
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Woah, the 2021 will be stiffer?! I could have sworn that interview with the chief engineer where he said the 2021 will be more compliant with daily driving. I guess I switched them up. So 2021 will be stiffer, more power - aka more track oriented?
It's tuned. They took out body roll supposedly.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
Thank you guys, that was very helpful. I was thinking the 2021 was a sure bet for me, but the 2020 may be a better purchase for my situation. Thanks again!
With the money you save you can stick a DP, Tune & sway bars on it, have way more power, better handling, get it 2-3-4+ months sooner & have money in the bank, win, win :thumbsup:

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
About the only thing I can think would be a truly compelling reason for waiting is if you're determined to build a 1K hp monster... simply due to head design, exhaust manifold, and cooling performance. If you're just looking for a great car to drive daily, the difference will be nominal at best.

For anything under 600... you've already got everything you need with the 2020... the next gen will just make it slightly easier to achieve.

EastCoastSupra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Harley Lowrider S, 2016 Ducati Monster 1200R, 2018 Shelby Raptor, 2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition #1019
Vehicle Showcase
i would like to swap the head out if anyone ends up totaling one. Port flow would be the next option after 800hp

About the only thing I can think would be a truly compelling reason for waiting is if you're determined to build a 1K hp monster... simply due to head design, exhaust manifold, and cooling performance. If you're just looking for a great car to drive daily, the difference will be nominal at best.

For anything under 600... you've already got everything you need with the 2020... the next gen will just make it slightly easier to achieve.

Last edited:

Dastanli

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma, Camry, civic
I think this is my first post on this forum. I just want to say it's been exciting looking at all the aftermarket support and how passionate owners are with their cars. Time never stands still and when it comes to tech, every year they'll be something newer/better.

The supra has always been my dream car ever since the first Fast and the Furious came out in 2001...... I saved up every penny I could just for that day to come when I could afford one. But about 9 years ago my parents needed a truck to work on their land but couldn't afford to buy one so I used that supra fund to buy them a 1996 Tacoma. That basically wiped out my Supra fund. 3 years ago I drove my Camry into the ground and ended up picking up a Civic Sport Touring. This was my first new car. It was reasonably priced, great gas mileage and handled very well. I just paid it the off the end of last year. Now the next gen Supra is here and I am at a cross road. I am about a year away from having enough money for a down payment on a house. Not a new house, just an old house in the 250,000 range. For Oregon that is an okay house at best. Or I could buy the car I been dreaming about ever since I was 13. Now that I am 31, I can't just make irresponsible financial purchases so even though I "could" afford to buy a supra like you ladies and gentlemen, I am unable to if I am to purchase a house.

Long story short, enjoy what you have and the opportunities that come along because there are a lot of people out there like myself that gave up their dreams for someone else or having to sacrifice one thing for another.

Cross my fingers that when the Gen 6 Supra comes out I'll be able to buy it or depreciation hits hard for this gens supra:p :headbang:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I think this is my first post on this forum. I just want to say it's been exciting looking at all the aftermarket support and how passionate owners are with their cars. Time never stands still and when it comes to tech, every year they'll be something newer/better.

The supra has always been my dream car ever since the first Fast and the Furious came out in 2001...... I saved up every penny I could just for that day to come when I could afford one. But about 9 years ago my parents needed a truck to work on their land but couldn't afford to buy one so I used that supra fund to buy them a 1996 Tacoma. That basically wiped out my Supra fund. 3 years ago I drove my Camry into the ground and ended up picking up a Civic Sport Touring. This was my first new car. It was reasonably priced, great gas mileage and handled very well. I just paid it the off the end of last year. Now the next gen Supra is here and I am at a cross road. I am about a year away from having enough money for a down payment on a house. Not a new house, just an old house in the 250,000 range. For Oregon that is an okay house at best. Or I could buy the car I been dreaming about ever since I was 13. Now that I am 31, I can't just make irresponsible financial purchases so even though I "could" afford to buy a supra like you ladies and gentlemen, I am unable to if I am to purchase a house.

Long story short, enjoy what you have and the opportunities that come along because there are a lot of people out there like myself that gave up their dreams for someone else or having to sacrifice one thing for another.

Cross my fingers that when the Gen 6 Supra comes out I'll be able to buy it or depreciation hits hard for this gens supra:p :headbang:
If your asking if you should use the money to buy a car or buy a house. I think that’s pretty easy decision. If your having to ask that on a public forum, I think your definitely got your priorities completely wrong. Don’t be like that guy on the Supra video.

Nice House first, then you can fill the garages up with nice cars.......

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
With the whole Covid19, it’s favoring buyers.

I’d w/out a doubt buy the home but suggesting to wait a bit to put you in a better purchasing situation. I bought my place when the last housing market crashed in 2008 and since then added a few investment properties to take care of us when we get older. Forget the car, get property.

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)

Your dilligence and judgement are noble. Keep in mind that home loan interest rates and new car interest rates are comparatively low...lower than they have been for years. Manufacturer financing is often 3% or less dependent on credit & term. Odds are they’ll remain low (or even lower) for some time to come...especially in light of this pandemic.

Check on local bank policies to determine actual down-payment requirements for both. You may be surprised. Good luck.

Dastanli

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma, Camry, civic
I am not questioning that at all lol. House for sure. Just bummed out about some of these supra owners being disappointed. I'd give anything (not really) to have a supra. Lowering springs, new wheels a tune and call it a day. Just reminds me of feeling truly happy as a kid to get something you really want. It wasn't based off of others opinion, or knowing that there was gonna be something better. Kids lived in the moment, at least kids back in the days. I think most of us forgot what that feels like.

Whoever doesn't love their supra I am willing to adopted it and give it a caring, loving home and give it all the back country road to the coast that it wants :D

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Whoever totals the first 2021, I call first dibs on the head.
It's not gonna work... just buy a new S58, drop that in, and then laugh at everyone in a 2020 or 2021 - since both will be way under-powered in comparison. Or spend less and build up everything in the engine you have and you should still get to 1000HP. You don't even have to "reinvent the wheel" - just follow along with Papadakis. ;)

While we're dreaming... why not get a manual transmission along with the S58 swap... then you'll truly have the Supra all of us wanted. Sure it will have cost you much more... but you have to pay to play.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I am not questioning that at all lol. House for sure. Just bummed out about some of these supra owners being disappointed. I'd give anything (not really) to have a supra. Lowering springs, new wheels a tune and call it a day. Just reminds me of feeling truly happy as a kid to get something you really want. It wasn't based off of others opinion, or knowing that there was gonna be something better. Kids lived in the moment, at least kids back in the days. I think most of us forgot what that feels like.

Whoever doesn't love their supra I am willing to adopted it and give it a caring, loving home and give it all the back country road to the coast that it wants :D
okay, makes sense now! Lol
Sponsored