• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

The official ask zrk anything thread

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
ever since i added the downpipe the car will almost always short shift every gear at 5000-5800 when at full throttle and i have no idea why??
would you like to record it? would help in making a more accurate analyzation
Sponsored

BadDecisions

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LS Swapped FRS, 3000gt VR4, 2020 Supra
@zrk what is your opinion on an XHD tune for the trans? I have the pure stage 1 and I'm plenty happy with how it shifts and holds the power, but if an XHD tune would ensure more longevity I'm all for it.
In a related, but different question, is it typical for the car to try and shift into 8th gear like ASAP? It gets itself so bogged down, literally 1100 - 1200 rpms while putting around... is this an XHD tune thing as well? (I searched and couldn't find any conclusive info on the second question)

Last, I've searched around a bunch about stereo stuff and have found 2 answers. 1) Bav Sound or 2) completely gut everything and make a fully custom setup... is there a middle ground that I'm missing? I know of the DIY sub modification, and I will do that first... but is there no ability to add your own sub but keep the rest of the speakers (or upgrade them with your choice of speaker outside of Bav Sound)? The stereo doesn't sound horrible it just falls short once you start turning it up.

So far, the car is a blast. An absolute monster. No traction below 60mph and sketchy following that... gonna have to get something more than the PSS's. 700 might be too much for this platform on the street hahaha.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
It's XHP.

what is your opinion on an XHP tune for the trans
I use it. Stage 3, with a couple custom settings for drag racing. Maybe it's doing the right thing, we don't really know. Shift point accuracy varies car to car- even in our own camp. Either XHP has a long way to go or we need HTG to get their shit together and release a real trans controller. It will likely do nothing for longevity.

In a related, but different question, is it typical for the car to try and shift into 8th gear like ASAP? It gets itself so bogged down, literally 1100 - 1200 rpms while putting around... is this an XHD tune thing as well?
I have a similar issue if I'm driving the car around in comfort mode. No idea. I just skip comfort mode if I'm on the street. But getting to 8th asap is relatively normal for this car in comfort.

Last, I've searched around a bunch about stereo stuff and have found 2 answers. 1) Bav Sound or 2) completely gut everything and make a fully custom setup... is there a middle ground that I'm missing? I know of the DIY sub modification, and I will do that first... but is there no ability to add your own sub but keep the rest of the speakers (or upgrade them with your choice of speaker outside of Bav Sound)? The stereo doesn't sound horrible it just falls short once you start turning it up.
You're asking the wrong guy about stereo stuff. My area of expertise is going straight for about 8 seconds then stopping.

So far, the car is a blast. An absolute monster. No traction below 60mph and sketchy following that... gonna have to get something more than the PSS's. 700 might be too much for this platform on the street hahaha.
Definitely throw those stock tires in the trash.

BadDecisions

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LS Swapped FRS, 3000gt VR4, 2020 Supra
Bah, too many acronyms! Thanks, ZKR, noted! (see what I did there).

I'll not worry about it for now, I'm not convinced of anything from what I've read.

Bread1267

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Supra (Sold), 2018 F80 M3 Comp
Bah, too many acronyms! Thanks, ZKR, noted! (see what I did there).

I'll not worry about it for now, I'm not convinced of anything from what I've read.
Regarding your question about adding a sub... I tried doing the sub mod in my Supra and it for sure improved the sub quality but it still didn't satisfy my needs compared to what I am used to.

An aftermarket sub install is extremely easy to do on this car. In fact I have done a couple sub installs before and the Supra is by far the easiest to do. Do yourself a favor and get a Pioneer TS-WX1010A and it will transform the audio in the car. I even unplugged my factory sub and just use the pioneer strictly with the rest of the JBL sound system. Pls don't but that bav sound upgrade kit. It is just a waste of money.

Let me know if you got any questions!

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra
So I've been looking into port injection to add it to the supra situation thread. I found a video explaining how meth injection and port injection are interchangeable. Not the fuel, but the injection system. Since meth kit inject at the throttle body it leans out cylinder 5 and 6. This happens if you're not running a tune to manage it. However injecting fuel from the ports is safer and gets more fuel in, but it's more complicated. You can setup a meth injection system at the ports and you can have it spray anything from race fuel to e85 to meth to water. I just want to confirm all of these things and make sure they're right so that I can add it to the thread. Also is it possible to run both injection at the throttle body and the ports simultaneously?

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Meth injection and port injection are not interchangeable (a lot of fast cars use both). The fuel systems themselves are not interchangeable.

Meth injection leaning out the outside cylinders isn't really true. If the methanol is atomized into the air, all of the air that passes the meth jet will become saturated. Of course, that isn't all the way true; you shouldn't rely on methanol for fueling unless you really understand what's happening in the car.

You're correct in that port meth is better than TB or chargepipe meth.

Don't spray race fuel, ethanol, or anything through a water meth system. Meth is hard enough on the car, and there's no need to pump race gas or ethanol through it. There are better ways to do that.

Port Injection is much safer.
---

For the document you're writing up, I'd leave it to a very, very simple water/meth JB4 section and be done with it.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra
Meth injection and port injection are not interchangeable (a lot of fast cars use both). The fuel systems themselves are not interchangeable.

Meth injection leaning out the outside cylinders isn't really true. If the methanol is atomized into the air, all of the air that passes the meth jet will become saturated. Of course, that isn't all the way true; you shouldn't rely on methanol for fueling unless you really understand what's happening in the car.

You're correct in that port meth is better than TB or chargepipe meth.

Don't spray race fuel, ethanol, or anything through a water meth system. Meth is hard enough on the car, and there's no need to pump race gas or ethanol through it. There are better ways to do that.

Port Injection is much safer.
---

For the document you're writing up, I'd leave it to a very, very simple water/meth JB4 section and be done with it.
Duly noted and corrected the info on the thread.

Also Zack I would appreciate it if you went over the thread to where I added a section for 500 600 and 700 whp routes. I'm sure the info is good, though I don't want to miss inform anyone relying on the thread. Thank you so much you've been really helpful.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Duly noted and corrected the info on the thread.

Also Zack I would appreciate it if you went over the thread to where I added a section for 500 600 and 700 whp routes. I'm sure the info is good, though I don't want to miss inform anyone relying on the thread. Thank you so much you've been really helpful.
Yeah. I'll get that eventually. Been a busy few weeks.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Its always: Zack, will this work? or; Zack, what's your thought on that. But its never: Zack, how are you?

SO....

How is Zack today?
I'm... fine. Just another day on this stupid space rock.