OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
It looks awesome lmfao.

Glad you're finally enjoying it.

Tell me that this devilish wait is worth it!
It's been great.. Even under 4000rpm during break-in there's still oodles of power on tap. She'll be a right handful once the whole rev range opens for business!
Sponsored

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Oh yeah LMFAO.......its time!! :)
Know what you mean about the run in, still plenty of go even below 4,500.
Still loving the feel, the handling and the gearbox.
Watch out with speed bumps and curbs, I've already scraped the blue paint under the front lip.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Watch out with speed bumps and curbs, I've already scraped the blue paint under the front lip.
I've been good so far. Speed humps haven't bothered me but I take driveways with respect, lol. Also, I have a tiny single garage at the moment and it's a very tight fit. That ass kicks out!

GRSoup

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
It's been great.. Even under 4000rpm during break-in there's still oodles of power on tap. She'll be a right handful once the whole rev range opens for business!
Agree, so much to enjoy about the car. I am at 1,700kms now hahaha not long to go.

Normal mode has been good too, for the times you just want a smooth ride.

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris Rallye
Hey everyone, been waiting about 6 months since I ordered and have only received my stock number with no build date. Whatā€™s the general wait time for you guys? Iā€™m hoping to have it by the end of the year, already been spending thousands on mods, just canā€™t help myself

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Hey everyone, been waiting about 6 months since I ordered and have only received my stock number with no build date. Whatā€™s the general wait time for you guys? Iā€™m hoping to have it by the end of the year, already been spending thousands on mods, just canā€™t help myself
I only had to wait 3 months and bought way too much stuff. Donā€™t know how yā€™all do it!

Scuba

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Supra GTS
Hey Fontana it took about 9months for me.
There wasn't a vin or anything on my paperwork until it was on the boat.
What's the current build date that Toyota has for you?

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Mine was 12 months. Ordered May 2022, received May 2023.

I'm really hoping the gearshift feel wears in, because it still feels pretty artificial and shit after 1200km.

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris Rallye
Hey Fontana it took about 9months for me.
There wasn't a vin or anything on my paperwork until it was on the boat.
What's the current build date that Toyota has for you?
No build date at all, he canā€™t even tell me if itā€™s a 23 or 24 model so I had to reserve 2 number plate styles just in case lol. Apparently he was telling me it only takes 1 day to build which I found surprising, then after that a few weeks on a boat so it can all happen very quickly.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Agree, so much to enjoy about the car. I am at 1,700kms now hahaha not long to go.

Normal mode has been good too, for the times you just want a smooth ride.
Yeah, she certainly has a lot of go.

Strap in. 11 months here. Just be aware that build dates are, well.. fluid. And sales people are, well..

I'm really hoping the gearshift feel wears in, because it still feels pretty artificial and shit after 1200km.
I've done around 400km and the shift feel is.. ok. While severely under powered in comparison, my Type R has it beat in that regard. And that first to second shift isn't winning any awards.

Another thing that I'm getting used to is the ridiculous power band. In the Type R, each gear meant something: Wrong gear = slow. In the Supra, there's so much torque everywhere that it seems that no matter what gear you're in, you're good to go. It's so easy to drive that it almost defeats the purpose of having a manual gearbox. šŸ˜…

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Yeah, she certainly has a lot of go.

Strap in. 11 months here. Just be aware that build dates are, well.. fluid. And sales people are, well..

I've done around 400km and the shift feel is.. ok. While severely under powered in comparison, my Type R has it beat in that regard. And that first to second shift isn't winning any awards.

Another thing that I'm getting used to is the ridiculous power band. In the Type R, each gear meant something: Wrong gear = slow. In the Supra, there's so much torque everywhere that it seems that no matter what gear you're in, you're good to go. It's so easy to drive that it almost defeats the purpose of having a manual gearbox. šŸ˜…
Here's something to try esp if you're running it in and short shifting it everywhere. Rev it to 4000-5000rpm in first then change to second and see if it's any better. Gearboxes need some road speed to shift well esp 1st to 2nd. Usually the more road speed you are doing the better they shift especially a big gearbox designed to transmit a lot of torque. It's much easier to get a lighter duty gearbox to shift nicely than one designed to handle big torque. Big torque handling ability means bigger heavier gears which means more inertia for the syncros to deal with and rotational speed helps here.
Try it and let us know if it's better or not.

Phil

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Here's something to try esp if you're running it in and short shifting it everywhere. Rev it to 4000-5000rpm in first then change to second and see if it's any better. Gearboxes need some road speed to shift well esp 1st to 2nd. Usually the more road speed you are doing the better they shift especially a big gearbox designed to transmit a lot of torque. It's much easier to get a lighter duty gearbox to shift nicely than one designed to handle big torque. Big torque handling ability means bigger heavier gears which means more inertia for the syncros to deal with and rotational speed helps here.
Try it and let us know if it's better or not.

Phil
It is improved, but, it's still fairly janky. I think a lot is to do with the clutch feel (specifically, the lack thereof), and potentially that restrictor in the fluid line.

But yes, faster spinning input shaft = easier to shift.

It's the same in the V161 too, with the big 30mm FW gears. Even with triple synchros... But the issue with the A90 is defintely a clutch engagement, not a gear selection issue...

You do get used to it

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Yes I have said before that my 99 EVO3 WRX has a much better shift feel, it's not stock tho, I had linkages taken out (or something) a long time ago.
I dont mind the feel tho, it is definitely better than an M2 that I tried.
It is very easy to drive, the torque as lmfao said is awesome but the manual definitely makes it more engaging even if it isnt the best feeling one out there.
I messed up a first to 2nd yesterday giving it a bit......crunch, oops sorry Soops :)
So much more rewarding and enjoyable to drive.

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Hey everyone, been waiting about 6 months since I ordered and have only received my stock number with no build date.
My docking date is 1st August. If I get my car before the end of August, that will make it a 12 month wait.

I have access to my Toyota stock controller and here is when my details were entered into the system (they were checking pretty much daily for me);

I received my stock number (also referred to as batch number) 1 day after placing the order. This means "order transmitted to Toyota". Nothing has happened. A00 status is nothingness

February I was provided a "planned production month" of April (A20). April finished and no details still.

I knew my car was built middle of May. Its build date (build complete) is actually early April.

It was put onto a boat June 1 at Bremerhaven. It was on the boat about 20 days before it was classed as shipped and a boat name provided. So I wasn't aware it was on a boat for quite a while.

They might provide you status code updates;
Stock/Batch Number = exists very quickly after ordering
A00 = Means nothing. No one knows anything. No point even guessing.
A10 = They are trying to find a build spot.
A20 = Confirmed build spot (but we have seen it go back to A10 from here before).

Then after that it will be "waiting at the docks" then finally, on a boat.

There is a heap of other Toyota status numbers but they won't share those (no need).

Everything with the Supra is slow to update. You won't be getting updates for your car until long after they happen. Sucks for proper tracking... but good once you get the info (because then it's suddenly in the last phases of the process).
Sponsored