The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
When it's marked as shipped. That means there is a boat name attached to your stock number. For me, it was on the boat for 2 weeks before a boat name was attached.

But if you want a boat name, your dealers will have that now :)
Sponsored

DVK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 GT86 GTS, 2012 GT86 GT 2023 GR Supra GTS
Good feeling right? After so long of radio silence..must have been in the same factory run as mine.
It sure is! I'm under the impression that both my interior and exterior colors are discontinued after this year so I've been stressing on it being built this year. Relieved to say the least.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Ordered through a broker 21/12/2022. They gave me an estimated delivery date of yesterday which I took with a grain of salt. Toyota confirmed the order 22/12/2022 and advised no estimated delivery date was possible but that I should expect delivery between October and December.
Who actually sends you the "it's shipped" email, Toyota Australia or the dealer I emailed Toyota about when my car may arrive as people here ordered around the same time as me and have had notification and they referred me back to the dealer. Apparently Toyota Australia know less about build dates and shipping than the dealer which I don't actually believe.
So who's sending the progress emails for what they are worth, Toyota Au or the dealer?

Phil

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
So who's sending the progress emails for what they are worth, Toyota Au or the dealer?
The progress emails with the image of the car and all, comes from Toyota (dealership won't know when/if you've received any of these emails).

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Who actually sends you the "it's shipped" email, Toyota Australia or the dealer I emailed Toyota about when my car may arrive as people here ordered around the same time as me and have had notification and they referred me back to the dealer. Apparently Toyota Australia know less about build dates and shipping than the dealer which I don't actually believe.

Phil
The progress emails with the image of the car and all, comes from Toyota (dealership won't know when/if you've received any of these emails).
These emails are useless and should be taken with a fistfull of salt. Some people got them after their car was delivered. I suggest you ignore them.

Reach out to your dealer and see if there's a VIN for your car and a boat name.. if they don't, your car doesn't exist - and don't get me started about "planned production dates."

Bold3rs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Audi RSQ3, 2023 Supra mkv mt (ordered)
Phil
As the others have said I was sent this from Toyota directly. I had spoken to the dealer only the week before and he said they sort of just rock up as that's what's happened with their demo. At that time, they had no updates for me. After getting this email I asked the dealer, and they suddenly have a delivery date now of the 16/09. Seems like its potluck as to whether the dealer gets a notification.

Bold3rs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Audi RSQ3, 2023 Supra mkv mt (ordered)
Welcome to the club.

IMG_1961_no plates Large.jpeg
With the number plate holder, you have picture here. You mentioned earlier in the thread you went with:

2020 Toyota Supra (stonsho.com)
Thats just a quick google search I found with the brand you mentioned.

Is that the slimline one pictured here? Did you have to drill? some conflicting info on that Also nice touch on the red tow hook.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
With the number plate holder, you have picture here. You mentioned earlier in the thread you went with:

2020 Toyota Supra (stonsho.com)
Thats just a quick google search I found with the brand you mentioned.

Is that the slimline one pictured here? Did you have to drill? some conflicting info on that Also nice touch on the red tow hook.
Thanks! That's the one - I ordered the Australian front plate and the only drilling needed was into the plate holder itself - See image. If you keep the stock lip, the Sto-N-Show just mounts using an existing Torx screw/screwhole beneath the car. It does reduce clearance by about 10mm but due to its location I think this is largely a non-issue.

And yes, I'm using a standard 370x100mm slimline plate which fits perfectly.

IMG_1590 Large.jpeg

Noots

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Prado
Nice holder, good alternative to the tow hook mount.

It does reduce clearance by about 10mm but due to its location I think this is largely a non-issue.
How are these cars with scraping on speed bumps/driveways? Am I going to be tiptoeing around the CBD?

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Nice holder, good alternative to the tow hook mount.

How are these cars with scraping on speed bumps/driveways? Am I going to be tiptoeing around the CBD?
While I'm pretty careful, because of the height reduction being so far forward, I think it's pretty much a non-issue. If I am not careful (or not taking steep driveways carefully at an angle) I am far more likely to scrape those pesky air damns.

The Supra is actually not very low stock so I think you'll be fine. As for speedbumps - I have never scraped on one in a car at stock height. Ever.

How fast are you lot taking speedbumps? lol

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris Rallye
Quick update, a few mods done

- Carbon Fibre mirror caps fitted (eBay spec)
- front and rear rock guards fitted
- wheel spacers fitted
- 15% tints
- ceramic coating

Since my number plate holder was already installed, I had no choice but to live with the holes. I just screwed the plate directly into the bar using the pre-existing holes leaving only two holes showing. Doesn’t look too bad, looks way better than having that bulky number plate holder on. If anyone in Sydney needs a detail, I highly recommend glass effect detailing. Been using these guys for years, attention to detail like no other. He says the paint on the supras are amazing, thanks to BMW lol.
IMG_0523.jpeg