The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

smoothjed

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (ordered), WRX STI, BRZ Ts
So since I found a cancelled order yellow MT,have to get my bumper repaired from the drilled plate mount holes. FYI itā€™s costing me $1200( smash repairs cited a complex shape and the need for plastic welding).
Itā€™s at the body shop now and will head to the detailers after itā€™s cured for 3-4weeks for a full PPF and ceramic coat for $7500.

The wait continues, but Iā€™ve shaved 10-12 months off it since my cancelled order. Not complaining since Iā€™ve got my dream colour now.

Thank you to the person who cancelled!

IMG_3580.jpeg

smoothjed

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For those who have received their cars,
did you get a Fuse pick and Fuse diagram(in car, not the one in the car manual) in your rear fuse box?
I seem to be missing those along with pre delivery documentation/checklist and a hazard triangle with my car.

The dealer told me none of those come with the car. I can understand the triangle but not sure about the rest.

itā€™s not a big deal but just thought Iā€™d check.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
did you get a Fuse pick and Fuse diagram(in car, not the one in the car manual) in your rear fuse box?
I seem to be missing those along with pre delivery documentation/checklist and a hazard triangle with my car.

The dealer told me none of those come with the car. I can understand the triangle but not sure about the rest.

I got none of these either. I honestly think we're lucky to even get all four wheels on the car the way Toyota Australia does business. šŸ˜…

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Hehehehe I got none of that stuff either Jed, they didnt drill holes in my bumper tho so happy about that.
Did my first track day in her on the weekend, took it pretty easy being the first one I have done on 4 wheels for a while (2 wheels only for the last 10+ years).
Had a great day but realised after I had tyre pressures completely wrong. Says 33psi front and rear but mine were over 40 I think for most of the day.
Gave her a wash and a quick run today and noticed that it even shows suggested tyre pressures on the monitor screen,dont know how I missed that on the day.
Oh well, will be even better next time when I get that right.
Those of you that have done them before in your supras, what pressures were you using??

SupeHamster

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Various

Honestly haven't looked since taking delivery of it. Spending most of my car related spare time gingerly trying to get through the break-in period šŸ˜…

I didn't look too close when the dealer showed off all the bits, but is there not a pick in the fuse box like this? -

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Speaking of fuse boxes, does anyone know the main fuse type? For example Mini fuses or Micro2 fuses?

Update: Morning Peace arrives out the front of Brisbane tomorrow :D Looks like it docks Thursday. This wait...

Reactions: DVK

smoothjed

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly haven't looked since taking delivery of it. Spending most of my car related spare time gingerly trying to get through the break-in period šŸ˜…

I didn't look too close when the dealer showed off all the bits, but is there not a pick in the fuse box like this? -
Thatā€™s right, itā€™s missing the pick and the paper diagram.
again not a big dealā€¦ but wouldā€™ve loved for the car to be complete

smoothjed

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Speaking of fuse boxes, does anyone know the main fuse type? For example Mini fuses or Micro2 fuses?

Update: Morning Peace arrives out the front of Brisbane tomorrow :D Looks like it docks Thursday. This wait...
Hi,

I see two main ones. Blade fuses and what might be a micro2 fuse.
please do correct me if Iā€™m wrong, Iā€™m quite amateur with auto electronics.

AHHH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had mine delivered last Thursday 17/08/23, order was entered 24/09/22.

Wheels, tyres, catback, intake - all on hand for post break-in install.

Just need to upgrade my crummy S20 Ultra to an iPhone 15 so my photos look better than this lol

20230820_102407.jpg

Pande

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Well... Was given an offer for a copper grey MT GTS that I couldn't refuse from a dealer that had it sitting on the lot for a few weeks. Cancelled my azure blue MT GT order that was due next April and picking up this one by end of the week! :D

Been frantically scrambling all week to organise my first qol mods like wind buffeting, dashcam and ppf etc o_O

Only downside is this car has the front bracket already installed. Detailer for the ppf told me its risky to add aftermarket paint underneath ppf as it can peel off in the future when ppf is removed, so looking at bumper plugs instead of fill and repaint for the front bumper. Only problem is I can't find paint code D14 sparkling copper grey bumper plugs, think I have to custom order the colour!

Also, yes I am posting this at 5am as I haven't been able to sleep properly all week from excitement šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

smoothjed

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well... Was given an offer for a copper grey MT GTS that I couldn't refuse from a dealer that had it sitting on the lot for a few weeks. Cancelled my azure blue MT GT order that was due next April and picking up this one by end of the week! :D

Been frantically scrambling all week to organise my first qol mods like wind buffeting, dashcam and ppf etc o_O

Only downside is this car has the front bracket already installed. Detailer for the ppf told me its risky to add aftermarket paint underneath ppf as it can peel off in the future when ppf is removed, so looking at bumper plugs instead of fill and repaint for the front bumper. Only problem is I can't find paint code D14 sparkling copper grey bumper plugs, think I have to custom order the colour!

Also, yes I am posting this at 5am as I haven't been able to sleep properly all week from excitement šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Hmmm I was informed that after 3 weeks, the paint is safe for PPF.
What was the methodology for the hole repair?
Mine included plastic welding the holes, reshaping and a full respray. Itā€™s at the retailer getting wrapped now in PPF.

I was ensured that this was the correct methodology by a few different sources.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Hmmm I was informed that after 3 weeks, the paint is safe for PPF.
What was the methodology for the hole repair?
Mine included plastic welding the holes, reshaping and a full respray. Itā€™s at the retailer getting wrapped now in PPF.

I was ensured that this was the correct methodology by a few different sources.
I've been told the same. Repaint isn't as strong as factory. And there's always a risk of the paint lifting depending on how well the shop prepped the surface.
Sponsored