The "Unofficial" Pricing U.S. 2020 Supra models!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming the MSRP and HP figures prove to be accurate, it appears that Toyota is positioning itself with a lot of headroom for expansion (on both numbers) for future model years.
Sponsored

Death666wish_

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mitsubishi lancer 5-speed (out of commission), 1991 Firebird Formula (out of commission), 2008 Toyota Camry
Again, no one knows yet. Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if Toyota kept everything the same from the top deck of the block down, and really focused on the head and turbo’s throughout the various models. I mean, financially....it wouldn’t make sense to stray away from that idea. Just my two cents.
Well I'm just going by what you said about the GRMN having stronger parts, we won't know until the GRMN comes out in two or three years I guess, which is fine by me.

@Guff needs to take a magnet with him!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'm just going by what you said about the GRMN having stronger parts, we won't know until the GRMN comes out in two or three years I guess, which is fine by me.

@Guff needs to take a magnet with him!
Correct, stronger parts just like the MKIV TT vs MKIV NA. Pistons, trans, rear end, brakes, etc... Nothing completely off like a different block, crank, water pump, oil pump, etc... Maybe other accessories like oil cooler, rear diff cooler, etc... on the GRMN.

As I've said before....I envision the GRMN to be the MKIV TT 6spd of today.

Death666wish_

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mitsubishi lancer 5-speed (out of commission), 1991 Firebird Formula (out of commission), 2008 Toyota Camry
Correct, stronger parts just like the MKIV TT vs MKIV NA. Pistons, trans, rear end, brakes, etc... Nothing completely off like a different block, crank, water pump, oil pump, etc... Maybe other accessories like oil cooler, rear diff cooler, etc... on the GRMN.

As I've said before....I envision the GRMN to be the MKIV TT 6spd of today.
Eh, that's pretty much going to cost more than a GRMN version, I guess it's GRMN or nothing, but we'll have to wait till that car shows up to be sure.

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
With the car I saw in person combine with the base car at that price (I really really hope that price is correct) this car is sold. Yeah the assumed power figure might not be too appealing , but when I think of it three things come to mind:

BMW rated crank power most time is whp.

Toyota under promise over deliver

They can pull a LC stunt. Remember the last minute power bump for the LC before release.

A lot of 86 owners that don't mind giving up there manual trans car are going to go for this car, well bmw is going to loose some customers (if price is correct and toyota reputation) maybe some rc350 owners , Nissan Z owners too.

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
From a credible source.
Pricing sounds impressive! Starting at below 50k. Priced like a proper Toyota.:headbang: What will the Premium and Launch edition have over the base model? And what about the GR, GR Sport, and GRMN models? When are these coming out?

And when can those doing a 2JZ engine swap buy the 4 cylinder variant/s?

Last edited:

Jdm_doctor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Tundra, Rx 350, Bmw 1602
I think thats reasonable pricing. It might be hard for me to give up 50k for 335hp and an automatic. 380hp with a manual (even an automatic) at that price would have been ideal. Looking forward to find out how light it will be and what price the GRMN model will come in at.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
That price ( if true ) is really impressive.

The hp figure is still a little salty, but for the saved money you can easily pump it at 450-500whp wich is more than enough for such a light little car.

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
Base 3.0 six cylinder: $49,990
Premium 3.0 six cylinder: $53,990
Launch edition 3.0 six cylinder: $55,250
If the 335hp figure is accurate, I'm hopeful that Toyota can differentiate the different 3.0L models in this manner:

Base 3.0L ($49.9k)- 335HP (B58 used in Europe/Japan)
Premium 3.0L ($53.9k)- 382HP (B58 used in USDM Z4)

A $4k bump in price for an extra 40HP from the factory (and other premium goodies) would not be unreasonable for Toyota to justify as an additional trim.

For the Lexus lineup, $4k is the typical price difference between an IS250 and an IS350 (with an additional 100HP).

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
382 hp like the Z4? That’d make the most sense. Given the prices ranges for the two, I don’t see why the Supra wouldn’t have the same power as the Z4.
It was stated forever ago that the BMW Z4 would have the more powerful motor. At the time it was just a rumor, but it seems to be true based on these most recent rumors. I for one, don't mind the power... if it can in fact be bumped up so easily as everyone says. Could it be possible that Toyota can offer different degrees of tuning and still keep it under warranty? Kind of like adding a TRD supercharger to my FJ cruiser?

Kleanish

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 C43 AMG
Man, seeing that price has me fscepalmimg myself because I can actually afford it. Jesus christ this is awesome.

Home stretch
I know right. I fell over on my bed with joy. Although I can't afford it rn give me two more years.

This is so awesome. This is probably one of my top ten cars of all time (lets hope a manual is offered though) and its almost attainable at the moment. So much hype.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know right. I fell over on my bed with joy. Although I can't afford it rn give me two more years.

This is so awesome. This is probably one of my top ten cars of all time (lets hope a manual is offered though) and its almost attainable at the moment. So much hype.
I was paying for a car earlier around the same price but got a better deal for far cheaper, now I am just pissed but I'm content
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.