The "Unofficial" Pricing U.S. 2020 Supra models!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
For me, the numbers don't matter.

What does matter to me is that this car is class competitive.

Will it be <13 seconds in the 1/4 mile and do 0-60 in <4.4 seconds (4 flat would be great)?

I just don't want this to be another GS-F, where all of the competitors are one notch above the car, performance wise.
Sponsored

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
We are. If they were talking their car up though, having the car being 380+ to 400 hp base trim sounds so much better and with 3200 lbs that would sound amazing. It's 25 years on, I personally thought it would do a little more than that. HOWEVER I am extremely impressed with the pricing. I think they deserve to put that number and anything lower is flat out an insult to the engineering/ craftsmanship, love and respect that went into this car. The fact that something as ridiculously good as this Supra starts at late 40k is amazing. But it isn't too late to give it a healthy power bump.

I am definitely interested in the alpha car coming from Motomachi, but this "run off the mill" Supra still impresses me as well (just a little power/torque bump pretty please).

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Says who? Hehe...
Says our reputable source. The GRMN is more than I myself am willing to pay. Now, I have a lot of experience with the B58 in a M240i and it rocks, but I would be hoping it would make a little more.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
maybe so, but its way up in torque.
Thatā€™s very true, other cars with the B58 can run pretty evenly with much more powerful cars, but I still wish it had 382. Otherwise I will have to go JB4 with BEF or Mission perf or HC tuning ECU flash to get to power levels I deem acceptable for the price.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Says our reputable source. The GRMN is more than I myself am willing to pay. Now, I have a lot of experience with the B58 in a M240i and it rocks, but I would be hoping it would make a little more.
Iā€™d hold off on that thought until Monday.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
If Toyota can price a Supra with a B58 for that much, just imagine how much the one with the B48 will be. R.I.P. 86 :p

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet

Death666wish_

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mitsubishi lancer 5-speed (out of commission), 1991 Firebird Formula (out of commission), 2008 Toyota Camry
It's great pricing. People always forget the tunability.
Though the tunability is good, but not having the same bottom end as the GRMN would make this car always feel lacking, a bigger turbo, different head, tune, that's understandable and we could just do it ourselves, but no iron block, and internals not as strong, doesn't sound that great, eve, though the B58 puts down 400+whp with just a downpipe and a tune from what I've read.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Though the tunability is good, but not having the same bottom end as the GRMN would make this car always feel lacking, a bigger turbo, different head, tune, that's understandable and we could just do it ourselves, but no iron block, and internals not as strong, doesn't sound that great, eve, though the B58 puts down 400+whp with just a downpipe and a tune from what I've read.
Again, no one knows yet. Personally, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Toyota kept everything the same from the top deck of the block down, and really focused on the head and turboā€™s throughout the various models. I mean, financially....it wouldnā€™t make sense to stray away from that idea. Just my two cents.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.