This bumper please

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
I found this pic on here from a few years ago. Although I’m assuming it’s just a rendering, does anyone know of a company who’s actually produced anything similar? I feel that it really cleans up the front of the car and would be exactly what I’m looking for.

89C970E3-F968-483C-B07A-37BBE2DDD72A.png
Sponsored

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I am not too fond of it. In a realistic stand point, a headlight conversion will also be needed. In my head, our current head lights with this bumper would not blend well. There are also some interesting lines where the bumper blends to the hood near the tail light as well as where the bumper heads to the wheel well. It seems like its going for an accentuated wide body look having a little narrower front end and widening it towards the fender. Style belongs on the Mk4 only IMO.

OP
OP

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
I am not too fond of it. In a realistic stand point, a headlight conversion will also be needed. In my head, our current head lights with this bumper would not blend well. There are also some interesting lines where the bumper blends to the hood near the tail light as well as where the bumper heads to the wheel well. It seems like its going for an accentuated wide body look having a little narrower front end and widening it towards the fender. Style belongs on the Mk4 only IMO.
I’m not saying necessarily this exact bumper but one with a similar bottom line and without the uprights in the middle. Something more reminiscent of the mk4

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Why try to make a MK5 look like a MK4? Just buy a MK4.

Nobody put flip up headlights on a MK4 to make it look like a MK3.
Agreed, I do not understand the MK4 St. Louis Arch spoiler and the MK4 tailights on the MK5 fascination. They look like ass, because they belong on a car designed 30 years ago... the MK4. Just buy a MK4 if you want that look so badly.

Also....

kermit-the-frog-kermit.gif

2jg7ybr.png

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
Reminds me of the 3000GT..

OP
OP

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
Why try to make a MK5 look like a MK4? Just buy a MK4.

Nobody put flip up headlights on a MK4 to make it look like a MK3.
I feel like you’re missing my point lol. The front end of the mk5 is weak from
The factory. The lip is awful and hovers weirdly above the bottom of the fender. It also sits higher than the side skirts and looks almost tucked underneath. There needs to be some other options besides bolting up a carbon fiber piece to the bottom which looks fine on a black car, but more like an afterthought on any other color. I realize everyone won’t agree but in reading through posts on this forum, it seems like many people are seeking something new and fresh that isn’t “oem plus” or stacked on splitters

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I feel like you’re missing my point lol. The front end of the mk5 is weak from
The factory. The lip is awful and hovers weirdly above the bottom of the fender. It also sits higher than the side skirts and looks almost tucked underneath. There needs to be some other options besides bolting up a carbon fiber piece to the bottom which looks fine on a black car, but more like an afterthought on any other color. I realize everyone won’t agree but in reading through posts on this forum, it seems like many people are seeking something new and fresh that isn’t “oem plus” or stacked on splitters
I agree that the wing of our lips that hover upwards its a weak point but the overall design of the inlets works well. With the concept posted, the styling is definitely something from the 90's as it has functional yet bland inlet openings. The overall styling of the Supra does not match the more rounded and less inspired/simpler design of that bumper. If you look at 90's JDM cars, outside of the GTR, front bumpers were very simple, more function over form. The A90's hood would match better with that retro bumper if you remove the vents on it as its nice a round but going to our doors and especially our rears, it won't flow seamlessly.

There are many aftermarket lips that rectify the OEM lip issue.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Just go make one already. How many variations of this post do we need.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I agree that the wing of our lips that hover upwards its a weak point but the overall design of the inlets works well. With the concept posted, the styling is definitely something from the 90's as it has functional yet bland inlet openings. The overall styling of the Supra does not match the more rounded and less inspired/simpler design of that bumper. If you look at 90's JDM cars, outside of the GTR, front bumpers were very simple, more function over form. The A90's hood would match better with that retro bumper if you remove the vents on it as its nice a round but going to our doors and especially our rears, it won't flow seamlessly.

There are many aftermarket lips that rectify the OEM lip issue.
OP per his multiple posts. He doesn't like the fins on the oem bumper and wants it gone.

OP
OP

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
OP per his multiple posts. He doesn't like the fins on the oem bumper and wants it gone.
I really do. I feel that splitters and extensions can or should have fins. Lips and side skirts shouldn’t. It’s been this way in the auto world for years lol. I’m really just trying to gauge what the aftermarket support is going to look like w this car before I spend $60k (I have a deposit down.) I’m concerned that this car is going to get treated like a bmw and not a Supra and options for customization will be limited. There are a lot of company’s that all seem to make basically the same parts for it, carbon lips, duckbills, carbon skirt extensions etc.
Sponsored