W4STOY

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It is interesting. I am not seeing it out there. Nissan only.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
The auto translation doesn't seem to be as bad as some of the other Japanese vids.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
From Yamaha’s website:
https://global.yamaha-motor.com/business/pd/

The Performance Dampers is a completely new technology developed by Yamaha Motor to improve chassis performance. When the chassis is in motion, it limits dynamic distortion to just a few microns. A metal vehicle body has elastic characteristics and lacks damping force, meaning that external distortion energy is accumulated and released almost unchanged, repeating the cycle of distortion at a natural frequency.

The Performance Dampers adds a damping element to the chassis that absorbs distortion energy and releases it as heat. This curbs the chassis’s excessive distortion speed, not only boosting driving comfort at normal speeds, but also achieving both high mobility and excellent stability at high speeds, which are accompanied by relatively major chassis distortion.

Principle of the Performance Dampers
A chassis is an assembly of multiple spring elements. While in motion, it undergoes continuous distortion and vibration.
pic_101.png

The Performance Dampers connects two points on the chassis using a special high- performance shock absorber (damping element), curbing micro- distortion and vibrations by intentional increasing the chassis’s viscosity.

Benefits of the Performance Dampers
Adds additional body damping to achieve optimum body viscosity.
Appropriate body viscosity is an essential factor in the comfort and stability that characterize high-quality and premium vehicle bodies.
The Performance Dampers is a product that delivers optimum body viscosity in a controllable manner.
EFFECT
Handling
  • ■ Improve stability and agility
  • ■ Improve yaw damping
  • ■ improve traction
  • ■ Improve shift feeling
Comfort
  • ■ Improve ride comfort
  • ■ Improve NVH and sound quality
  • ■ Improve door closing noise quality
  • ■ Improve audio sound quality

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Interesting... for years if not decades, idea of rigid chassis yields better performance on handling dominated the suspension setup. Hence, all the STBs that I've seen so far for GR Supra (& S2000) was non-moving piece(s) of rigid material.. I could definitely see that this would reduce vibration that comes rigid chassis, I wonder how it performs in race car or on the track..

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Interesting... for years if not decades, idea of rigid chassis yields better performance on handling dominated the suspension setup. Hence, all the STBs that I've seen so far for GR Supra (& S2000) was non-moving piece(s) of rigid material.. I could definitely see that this would reduce vibration that comes rigid chassis, I wonder how it performs in race car or on the track..
Something that pushes back is stronger than something that is solid. The bar that we get in the 21's just holds it in place, where the damper is always pushing the two ends apart. Like how a shock is always pushing the wheel away from the car down onto the road. A solid strut the wheel would bounce, the shock keeps that from happening. Same applies to the strut damper.

Having said that, I think it's completely unnecessary for a daily driven vehicle. This is something you buy if you autocross or track your car.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
Put on the CC on Youtube, the translations are decent
This does nothing for me unfortunately. Just shows the Japanese subtitles.

EDIT: nevermind, I figured it out.