Can someone diagnose this suspension issue for me?

dayschasingcars

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Absolute Zero White Supra 3.0
I was driving and got distracted, hit my front right wheel very hard on a curb. Now that front right wheel does not turn all the way when i turn the wheel. Left side is fine. Essentially when i turn the wheel all the way the right side only slightly turns.

What part(s) have i likely broken? What is likely the cost to fix it?
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I was driving and got distracted, hit my front right wheel very hard on a curb. Now that front right wheel does not turn all the way when i turn the wheel. Left side is fine. Essentially when i turn the wheel all the way the right side only slightly turns.

What part(s) have i likely broken? What is likely the cost to fix it?
Cell phone? Saw a similar post, here or Facebook, and cost that person $7k or so.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
7k?? I drove the car home fine and i have no lights on the dash
Yeah the other person bent a few things and they replaced pretty much everything. And nothing gets re-used even if it's good. Every nut and bolt and washer gets replaced.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
it could be a multitude of things, bent shock, busted control arm, broken axel. I'd get it checked out ASAP. I doubt it would be covered under warranty since it was a hit on a curb but 7k sounds about right. Remember this car mainly uses BMW parts. and BMW parts unlike Toyota parts are a lot more expensive.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
I hit a curb with a BMW 335i about 5 years ago. I wouldn't describe my impact as "very hard", though. It was relatively mild. Same symptom as you, the wheel wouldn't fully turn. Turns out, I bent the tie rod from the steering rack, that was all.

These cars are designed to bend the tie rod when the front wheel is hit. It's the least-expensive part, and is replaceable if it's not easily straightened. I had a collusion repair shop look at it, and they were able to straighten the rod just fine. Cost about $100, and that was for putting the car on an alignment rack.

Take your car for an alignment. That will show if anything is out of spec. An alignment will show what the potential problems are. Hopefully, this won't be a huge deal for you. Good luck.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
So im pretty sure I’m the guy @Dannyvandelft was talking about. So sounds like you probably broke/bent the lower control arm and maybe tie rod. Like he said though these cars are not a cheap fix, Toyota has to replace every single nut/bolt and it adds up fast.
Sponsored