Throttle Mapping

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I've seen a lot of questions around throttle sensitivity between normal, sport and sport 2 so I decided to create charts of the mappings in order for people to see more clearly the difference between modes.

Throttle mapping on the Supra is using a 3D table that takes the pedal input (How you are pushing the pedal down with your foot) and the ECU gives a specific throttle plate output dependent on the current speed of the car.

It's a bit hard to see the differences looking at the 3D table but it becomes VERY obvious once I charted these tables into line graphs.

These are from my 2020 ECU. 21+ might be different.

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 3.14.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 3.14.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 3.14.41 PM.png
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I just want a god damn linear throttle

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Why don’t you ask your tuner to give you that?
It's on the to-do list for my next tune revision. I was speaking more generally of OEM throttle calibrations. I understand why they do what they do, but nondeterministic throttle mapping bothers me.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
That's going the wrong way.
Yeah, maybe the car is too new for me, maybe I've done too many previous track days, but I really enjoyed this car's throttle response my last weekend at Sebring. Never had any lag. The throttle felt easy to modulate coming out of every apex. I only drove it in manual & sport mode ofc. But even with in town driving, the car has never hesitated or bogged down for me with the sport button on or off (still in manual mode). At the track, I only drove with the DSC, traction control or whatever Toyota calls it, off.

As usual, always impressed how much you know how to measure and interpret the car data. You and Thrax/Robert are both badarses 4sho when it comes to this stuff! Really appreciate the info :)

So, with that said, here's the Million-dollar question: How do you feel on track Bryan? Are you looking for a slower/longer more linear pedal modulation like Robert? I know you've got tons of experience in this platform on track. I haven't driven her in any serious rain yet on my track tires. I'm definitely looking forward to that.