Thunderhill April 25th

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Anyone registered for the NASA HDPE track event on April 25th?
Sponsored

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
24th here

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Does anyone know what time are we supposed to get there. THill is 3 hours away from bay area and I am trying to figure out if I can just wake up in the morning and drive or should I just get a hotel in Willow Springs?!

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Does anyone know what time are we supposed to get there. THill is 3 hours away from bay area and I am trying to figure out if I can just wake up in the morning and drive or should I just get a hotel in Willow Springs?!
There will probably be a check-in around 7 to 7:30-ish and a drivers meeting around 8-8:30-ish, possibly slightly earlier. We will get more specific info probably the monday or tuesday before the event.

If you have any questions or want more specific/updated info contact the Supra NASA Concierge [email protected]

Last edited:

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
I wouldn't go morning of from the Bay. I am from the Penninsula and for Thill I always stay the night before. It's just too much driving up morning of, doing a full day, then going home. Only places I can go morning of are Sonoma and Laguna.

Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I wouldn't go morning of from the Bay. I am from the Penninsula and for Thill I always stay the night before. It's just too much driving up morning of, doing a full day, then going home. Only places I can go morning of are Sonoma and Laguna.

Just my 2 cents.
yeah that's what I figured. I guess I have to go the night before and take a hotel or something.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Unfortunately looks like a high probability of rain on Sunday. Itā€™s still kind of a long-range forecast and could change... hopefully Saturday remains dry.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Unfortunately looks like a high probability of rain on Sunday. Itā€™s still kind of a long-range forecast and could change... hopefully Saturday remains dry.
Holy shit. It's so dry. Why does it have to rain just on my track day. I don't even know if it's too late to cancel or not.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Holy shit. It's so dry. Why does it have to rain just on my track day. I don't even know if it's too late to cancel or not.
"The NASA HPDE cancellation policy requires a minimum of 7-days notice before your scheduled event. If for any reason you are unable to attend please send us an email at [email protected]or call us at 844-477-8772. You will forfeit your complimentary track day if we do not hear from you 7-days prior to your event. Regretfully, we cannot make any exceptions to this policy."

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Did you go? I asked around and nobody there seemed to be on this forum. Weather was good both days for all but one of the runs.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Did you go? I asked around and nobody there seemed to be on this forum. The weather was good both days for all but one of the runs.
No, I was not comfortable with participating in wet conditions. So I requested NASA and they were kind enough to move my registration to an event on May 30 in Sonoma.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium

Just my 2 cents.
Did you go? I never did talk to anyone that looks at this forum much.
This Supra owner didnā€™t have such a good time. He was bragging about all his mods and track time right before this run... thatā€™s him on the phone standing behind the car. I got the impression he was a bit spoiled.

Attachments

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
No, I was not comfortable with participating in wet conditions. So I requested NASA and they were kind enough to move my registration to an event on May 30 in Sonoma.
Thatā€™s awesome! Sonoma is tons of fun and a little less intimidating due to the lack of blind corners and high speed corners.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Did you go? I never did talk to anyone that looks at this forum much.
This Supra owner didnā€™t have such a good time. He was bragging about all his mods and track time right before this run... thatā€™s him on the phone standing behind the car. I got the impression he was a bit spoiled.
Damn what happened? Shit. That looks like a costly repair.
Sponsored