Tire fix on the road

Backtrack

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra & a few Wranglers
disclaimer: don’t be dumb. If you can’t follow basic directions, you can get hurt. I’m not responsible for your actions

Since our cars, and a lot of new models as well, come with basic Lu a can of fix a flat, I wanted something a lot more robust to fix a deflated tire with.

I bought a scissor Jack and tire plug kit to carry around with me. The Jack is rolled up in a towel behind the passenger seat as I did not want it flying through the air in the event of an accident. The plug kit is in the little tool compartment in the back.

I’ve done this before and it’s really simple. If you get a puncture, just slightly raise the car enough to rotate the tire and find the nail or whatever. Follow the directions on the plug kit, and do what needs to be done. Use the little air compressor to get the pressure up but not the fix a flat canister.

This will be enough to get you safely to a tire shop if you feel it’s necessary to further fix it.

I liked this particular Jack because it has a wider base and a concave Jack point to better cradle the little lift areas on the car. Remember, you just want the tire up a few inches.

NEVER GET UNDER THE CAR WHILE ITS ON THE JACK! Keep your car in park. Chauk the tires too. Might need to carry a multitool to pull out a nail.

BF024AC1-0BE6-4CD8-922B-C07342F33B47.jpeg

A5E67F4C-023A-47EE-BF63-FC27CD6348DC.jpeg
Sponsored

Supraluv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra premium , Z4 Coupe , 2002 MRoadster
I have been carring that kit and I have it in 4 different cars. I gave only neede to plug a tire once but it was in the middle of nowhere and mighty glad I had it. My R53 Mini coupe and my MRoadster and also my Z4 Coupe had no spare just like he Supra. Only had the compressor and goop bt I knew I needed the plug kit also. Good advice to give out as I completely forget about it since I am covered.

OP
OP

Backtrack

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra & a few Wranglers
I have been carring that kit and I have it in 4 different cars. I gave only neede to plug a tire once but it was in the middle of nowhere and mighty glad I had it. My R53 Mini coupe and my MRoadster and also my Z4 Coupe had no spare just like he Supra. Only had the compressor and goop bt I knew I needed the plug kit also. Good advice to give out as I completely forget about it since I am covered.
Hey no problem! Last time I did this was for a buddies car. He actually had donut and Jack, but he had no idea they were in the car! I gave him a quick lesson in how to fix a tire as I felt he was too far from home to risk the spare. It’s amazing how some people simply don’t know.

I too had a Z4 Coupe. It was white and one of the reasons I went with the Supra as it shows a little in the silhouette. Fantastic car.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
My car came with a kit that if I have a flat, I pump a solution into the tire and it heals the flat for x amount of miles.
Sponsored