Side Markers/Reflectors Fixed For $10

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I feel that i'm the only one that likes the reflectors. I was thinking of changing them to LED lights too. I'm weird. LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
ope_sry

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Iā€™d have to cover the entire car ā€¦ with an old car coverā€¦ etc when paintingā€¦ aerosol overspray blows!
Agreed. I was blessed with a perfectly calm day and holding the can 6-8 inches while spraying prevented any overspray. Having a rag dampened with mineral spirits at the ready just in case is also a good idea

OP
OP
ope_sry

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
You did right.

The tape is super strong, and its hard to pull out in a small space, and you have to clean all the tape off to get it to lay flat- total major pain in the ass. I've never said "fuckin stupid fucking car" more in my life than when I did that.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I feel that i'm the only one that likes the reflectors. I was thinking of changing them to LED lights too. I'm weird. LOL
For me, it is the fact they are a total afterthought stuck on for US Laws, the other countries do not get them and it makes the car look so much cleaner.

OP
OP
ope_sry

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
For me, it is the fact they are a total afterthought stuck on for US Laws, the other countries do not get them and it makes the car look so much cleaner.
The benefit of tinting them with vht is you can go as light or dark with them as you want. Mine are black in the day but still visible at night with headlights on them, just much more subdued

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do agree with it possibly being an afterthought but also, with certain colors, the contrast looks good. Like with the refraction blue, the amber and red compliment the area well. With the red brake calipers and tail lights, the red rear reflector flows well there. The amber can be a bit off especially with other colors but i feel that the contrast compliments the blue well.
With my RX-8, i was on the fence changing the corners from amber to clear but ended up using amber lights for the corners with the clear corner, looks good in the day and night.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I like the reflectors too. I think the biggest eye sore is the prem 2 tone WHEELS.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like the reflectors too. I think the biggest eye sore is the prem 2 tone WHEELS.
whole heartedly agree. I went with my buddy to pick up his new Tundra TRD Pro and there was a Supra at the dealership. Silver with the two tone wheels and i just died a bit inside. I got so used to the satin black wheels with the a91 and couldn't imagine driving around the two tone wheels (no offense to those with two tones wheels).

OP
OP
ope_sry

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
whole heartedly agree. I went with my buddy to pick up his new Tundra TRD Pro and there was a Supra at the dealership. Silver with the two tone wheels and i just died a bit inside. I got so used to the satin black wheels with the a91 and couldn't imagine driving around the two tone wheels (no offense to those with two tones wheels).
Will be fixing mine sooner than later!

First Name
Knick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra White
Damn Daniel! I didn't even know this was a thing. I'll have to give it a whirl. I've got a white Zupra with red interior/side mirrors. I wonder what the reflectors would look like in "red"?

OP
OP
ope_sry

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Damn Daniel! I didn't even know this was a thing. I'll have to give it a whirl. I've got a white Zupra with red interior/side mirrors. I wonder what the reflectors would look like in "red"?
Probably really good šŸ˜

2021Supra

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2021 Lexus RC300, 2007 Tundra, 1975 Ch
I used a method very similar. I just used SEM Matte black plastic paint and no clear for protection. I felt it might leave too much of a shine and harder for future rock chips. I used the matte finish to match the front and rear diffusers. Yours also looks great!!

GhostSZN

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90, '11 R8 V10, '10 R35, '08 350Z
I colour matched mine, but if someone made sequential signals for the front reflectors like they did for the rears I would be all over it

Mkva90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90
quick tip for those of you worried about over spray. get your self a box of saran wrap. spray your car with some water so the wrap will stick to your car. cover entire car with wrap.
Sponsored